Broken Hella Headlight

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by paulm2322, Aug 27, 2023.

1. paulm2322

paulm2322 Paid Member Paid Member

IMG_6922.jpeg IMG_6923.jpeg Hi folks,

does anyone know where I can get replacement retaining bolts (if that’s what they’re called) for my original headlights? Both the bolts have snapped so the headlight is loose inside the casing.

Thanks IMG_6924.jpeg

2. paulm2322

3. watercooled Forum Member

I repaired 2 adjusters on my Corrado lights using standard JB weld ,the hardest part is freeing up the broken plastic bits that were seized on the metal adjustment screws ,thats the reason they break.
    Yours are pretty bad but you have nothing to lose,so may be worth a go,or visit a breaker and see if you can buy one with a broken glass and swap over the plastic body ,should be cheap enough.
    In my country these lights are very hard to find but would think it would be easier in the UK.
    Good luck,cheers.

paulm2322 likes this.
  4. paulm2322

Thanks watercooled. That’s what I did. Sourced a donor headlight. Removed plastic body from donor and screwed onto Hella lamp. It’s secured properly again now! Just need to seal glass with butyl then all done.
    Thanks for advice.