Budget Cordless Drill/Driver - 35-40 Budget

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Deako, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

2. Raider Forum Member

Screwfix do a 14.4v what I think is their own brand "Direct Power" IRC...similar spec I should Imagine to that clarke one for 20ish..

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Ended up getting a ridiculously cheap one from Tescos for 13 or something. It will probably self destruct once ive fitted the curtains in the van.

4. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Sorry to bump/hijack but needing one of these myself and was thinking about the Clarke CCD240 for about 60. Any recommendations?

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. TSR 2.1 Forum Member

G60Dub

I would suggest that you up your spend a bit and grab a drill from Makita, B&Q do these on deals all the time. I used to buy the lower end of the market type of drill but they would all die on me. But since I went all Makita they have all lasted well. even at 14.4v they do have some guts.

Here is a link to the 18v job for under 100 (ok ok just) but comes with a second batt http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-tools/drilling-screwdriving/drilling/cordless/Makita-8391DWPE-18V-Combi-Drill-2-Batteries-10798552