....but its a diesel !!!

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by shortstack, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Seraph Banned

its not the first time ive heard of quotes of huge power from the vag V6 tdi, these quote is from a guy on the audisport forums (and yes it was in caps-grr!):

2. Jonny777 Forum Member

Thats all well and good. But Whatcar? says it doesnt exist...unless its an import or hes dropped the engine in instead of the 1.9 its just not a 4Motion. Ive checked all the Whatcar? mags up until the release of the latest Passat and just isnt there. [:s]

Ah well! No chance at all of that working then? [8(]

3. A7_UFO Forum Member

Its not just the weight of the engine but also the gearbox that has to cope with all that torque.

4. Jonny777 Forum Member

Fair enough, i wont go anymore off topic anyway.

But in conclusion. There is no Passat V6 TDi 4Motion that was for sale in the UK.

5. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Bull****e not on just a remap

6. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Superchips gave for this model as originally 201bhp, after re-map 256bhp.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/models.php

Also at work we have several C320 petrol and diesel models, out on the open road, the petrol models have the legs on the diesels, but for town work the diesels will leave the petrol models standing.

We have also got several new shape BMW 530 diesels, other than being too softly sprung, the engines are awesome.

Personally I doubt I will ever go back to a petrol engined car, the push in the back you get from a diesel is very addictive.

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

correct. i love the shove. makes it just feel better. the golf just doesnt have it, not enough torque etc.

my previous a4 tdi... oh boy, that thing shoved.

im sure aswell that if you sorta double tapped the throttle down it had some sort of overboost mode or the boost would simply not trail off at the top of the rev range

best mod i ever did to that car? take the mesh out of the MAF. no need for it anyway and it made it match remaped cars... then i remapped mine. jesus that car was brilliant. fast, sensible, comfortable and SO stealth.

the likes of Sheriff John Bunnell didnt even notice my old dolphin grey A4 tdi 130pd sport (thats the full name), because it just blended in and well like billy bunter at break time on his way to the tuck shop.

8. Seraph Banned

:lol:
    slight indulgence of exaggeration!

9. Seraph Banned

An 06 audi A4SE tdi 3.0l comes std with 230hp

so, some sort of remap ontop of that could well stretch to the above claim (at a push).

10. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

its diesel.....get bent