buying a vento

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by snowy, Sep 4, 2006.

1. snowy Forum Member

hello all im am thinking of buying a vento was just wondering what you look for whats the best modle what engine you sujest obviously not a vr6 due to the fact im 19

please help needed

cheers
    snowy

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

The 2.0 GL is ok as it has the 8v GTI engine in it. Or the 1.8 SPI engine is *ok* but get the ABS coded 1.8 as it has 90bhp and not the cack 75bhp the other 1.8 has.

Oddly enough even the CL Vento has nice touches to it, including a VR6 Highline'esque centre console.

DO NOT TOUCH anything with a smaller engine!

3. snowy Forum Member

right so does the 2.0l gl run the same bhp as the gti or is it restricted i think the 2.0l is the one im going to go for

cheers anymore help or opinions would be good

4. jam35 Forum Member

Hi

how long have you been driving any ncb??
    just wondered as im 19 and i can get insured on a vento vr and its reasonably cheap considering:) 130 pound a month 1500 a year !!
    oh and thats with 3 points[:x]

5. fil1973 Forum Member

ventos are loads cheaper to insure than the golf version, as insurance companys, say they are less desirable, being a salloon car, & theiving b******S are more likely to steal golfs, so basically get yourself a vento & ad all the 4door gti golf bits yourself,
    & there you go a much cheaper gti lookalikey,

6. pettsy Forum Member

What about the Tdi's?

I've got one as my daily driver (my toy is a modified G40) and i can't compain at all. mines been remapped but still does good MPG and isn't slow at all!