C&R Enterprises / SuperSprint exhaust

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by eyesonly, Nov 15, 2003.

1. eyesonly Forum Member

I ordered a full supersprint system from C&R enterprises Nottingham, 400. Decided to let them fit it to make my life easier.

Took My MK3 VR6 in for fitting a week ago. It took them 3.5 hours to fit, apparently they had some problems and "had to bend some hangers"

On the drive home seemed fine. Took it out for a good drive the day after and discovered it was banging on something a lot on left hand corners. I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but last night after a 50 mile drive the thing was blowing about 50% from near the CAT!

I find this extremely bad fitting considering supersprint are known for high quality of components and fit, not to mention the total bill for the fitting was 98. I will be under the car later on today sorting it out myself which i wish i had done in the first place.

I imagine my experience with them is not usual. Contributing to 'The golf' magazine made me expect a high standard of work. Unfortunately this was not the case.
    Edited by: eyesonly

2. alby Forum Junkie

take it back and get them to put it right

3. eyesonly Forum Member

Yeah i'm just deciding wheter to take it back Monday, or sort it out myself this weekend. I need the car to get to work this week and to be honest after the mess of the first job i'd like to do it myself!

4. Chris Forum Member

Get them to do, by law they have to repair it and it won't cost you a penny, just they're time and money. They should have got it right first time. If they argue, just mention Trading Standards, that'll shut em up.

5. eyesonly Forum Member

The blowing turned out to be the secondary O2 sensor somehow having come away leaving a neat little hole right after the CAT. See topic

Don't know how this came about bit of a coincidence though.

6. Golfvr6 Forum Member

Did you get the fitting sorted?

7. 800gallons Forum Member

There is no 2ndry probe on ANY vr6 model, OBD1 or 2

the part that is missong on yours, often corrodes and drops off, yours isnt the first i have seen like this. just get it welded up

the port that has corroded away, is for emmissions test equipment, thats all

no need to worry about it, just fill it up

8. eyesonly Forum Member

Yeah i have since found out about it just being an inspection hole. I blanked it off anyway so there wasn't a problem.

Unfortunately the exhaust is banging and scraping on the rear beam, and now has started blowing from one of the joins so it's p****** me off.

The supersprint exhaust itself is excellent with noticable low down torque increase, but due to the poor fitting of C&R enterprises so far it has the fit and feel of a cheap and nasty powerflow system [:^(]

I have decided to take it back to C&R and give them a chance to redeem themselves so i'll let you all know how it goes...

9. eyesonly Forum Member

had the VR back to C&R yesterday and it looks like they have sorted out the problem. They have had to shorten the link pipe which is after the CAT to bring the exhaust forward to stop the silencer banging on the rear beam. The blowing has now been cured by reconnecting to the CAT properly.

The staff were very helpful and didn't hesitate to put the problem right under warranty. Although they won't offer any further warranty on the system due to "The extreme lowing" and "Track day use". The car is about a 60 - 70mm drop on coilovers.

Steve said the problem was due to too much travel at the rear causing the rear beam to contact the middle silencer, since coilover kits have more travel than a standard set-up with standard bump stops.

10. Crasher New Member

Is everything OK now?

Steve