Caddy SDi van with TDI swap

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by ryanp, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ryanp Forum Member

Hi,

I can get hold of a N reg Caddy van with a blown engine for peanuts. Im wondering if i could fit a TDI engine (easily)? which engine would be easiest to and what would be involved??

I can get an engine from a Passat if that would fit, a PD 150 would be my ideal choice but this is more of a budget conversion!!!

Any help will be appriciated

Thanks

Ryan

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

150's megga money possibly concided a low/spec cheaper engine
    it's possible to get an engine in weekend- would require mega wiring to get it sorted, issues with fuel pump on a pd motors & if your looking to get second hand motor out of a golf would be easy/less hassle to swap over

3. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I had a 98 caddy and wanted a TDi engine for it, I found a guy who had an engine (specifically asked to make sure it wasnt a PD engine) so agreed a price and went to collect, on collection I found it was a 115PD engine, I said I didnt want it as I wanted an earlier non PD engine. He asked if he threw in a spare full engine for the same cash (300) would I take it?? OK youve twisted my arm i said :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reason I didnt want a PD is the extra work and time to fit it

4. ryanp Forum Member

what would i need to swap to fit an non-PD TDi engine??

I was just dreaming about the PD, lol

Ryan

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

if I never already had a decent tuned mk 4 TDI (non PD) for my conversion, I'd be taking the trouble to fit one - just because people see that as a modern motor

6. HIGHLINE Forum Member

I to have a caddy van and had a cordoba tdi for an engine swap looked a pain in the ****
    dash out the van has rod change and a tdi has cable if you want a tdi van buy a tdi van !