Call Of Duty 4, for PS3

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by PhatVR6, Jan 1, 2008.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

how the feck you managed that! you've only had a ps3 less then a month i thought?

been playing online since i got it when the game came out, play it for like 1/2 hours a day and only got as far as above.

what gun does everyone use? i'm currently getting the stats up with a mini uzi which has got good accuracy and good damage, got red dot sight on, deeper bullet penetration and increased bullet damage but yet i can be shooting someone about 15 times and they won't die, they'll turn around and shoot me with like 3 bullets and i'm dead!

alot of people use a gun i don't recognise, it's got quite a long barrel and a very short fire rate, i haven't unlocked it yet, but don't recognise it from the pics you can still see of all the weapons........

2. b'locks Forum Addict

dunno skills i guess :lol: i don't put much play time in either tbh [:D]

3. b'locks Forum Addict

btw it's a good idea to study the challenges and rack up the xp by using different weapons and completing them. stage 3 marksman for instance gives you 1000xp ;)

4. WEZ

you fecking lie graham!! you're up all night playing!

anyway - gun recommendations

and whens everyone next online, i'm having a dabble now, but just got disconnected from the server - cgti clan - ground war :thumbup:

5. WEZ

done all challenges with mp5, halfway through the M4 and now doing the mini uzi, done most of the boot camp challenges, but there's no way i can manage any of the operations challenges at the mo, i came top 4 once, but not managed top 3, was gutted, never gonna be mvp!! [:^(]

6. WEZ

i've had to bloody give in now!
    sat there shooting some guy with my uzi with red dot sight, hitting every time i can assure you, the guy switches from his his bulletless gun to his pistol and manages to kill me!!
    for the sake of my telly, the ps3 goes off.......

7. b'locks Forum Addict

lol! i wish i was mate tbh! i only have time for on average an hour a night. i'll find out my total playing time, it can't be that much...

8. b'locks Forum Addict

tbh uzi has really **** accuracy at long range...dunno if that's your problem?

9. WEZ

i'm usually fairly close when using it, the above t.v damaging scenario i was about 3 feet away from him!!!

use my mp5 with AGOC scope for long range...

10. WEZ

right, new tactic, get a gun with decent range, stuff the damage and accuracy and am now gettting an average of 15 kills a game and got MVP this morning, dead chuffed! [8D]

11. b'locks Forum Addict

rank = 33

time played = 1 day 1hr 3mins

12. WEZ

anyone having severe difficulties getting into a game?

past 2/3 days i can't make it through a single game, getting dns errors, server time outs halfway through a game, most of the time i don't even get onto the network, don't know if it's my internet because i've been having trouble with that, or psn.

some internet scouring suggests there was a problem when it first came out but they've been updating it to fix this, well i've not had a problem till now, also coincides with a ps3 updates which people are blaming for it!

anyone?

best go check other online games really hadn't i.......

13. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Had it yesterday a few times but i did play quite a few games.

14. b'locks Forum Addict

i had this problem until i forwarded ports for my ps3 and since then it only takes from 5 to 30 seconds to find a game.

if my understanding is correct it's because my wireless router was sending data intended for the ps3 to both my ps3 and laptop rather than directly to my ps3. :)

15. WEZ

don't think i can forward ports, i'm on sky broadband, router is locked down, can't change anything.......

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

ordered it off play.com

17. WEZ

about bloody time!

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

and it still hasn't arrived.....

19. altern8 Forum Junkie

dont they sell it in tesco

20. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Any of u guys ranked up into the prestigue mode yet? i have on the x box, if you wanna rank up work through every gun to level 3, once u have done on gun immediately start another gun, your son fly through the ranks, also if your on the winning Headquater team you earn alot of XP. anyone on x box add me mk1g60.