Calling all TOAD fitters!

Discussion in 'Security' started by monkeyzoo, Feb 12, 2011.

1. monkeyzoo Forum Member

I have a few ai606/mk3 golf questions, can any one help?

1. How should the central locking be wired? I previously had a Clifford in the car and the car suffered an odd problem where if I remote locked the car with a door open, the open doors deadlock would lock. If I then closed the door the deadlock would not release preventing the door from being opened again. The Toad went in today and it has been wired into the central locking the same as the Clifford was - the problem still persists.
    2. I have a TOAD ai606 and wan to fit a solenoid to pop the boot. I have a physical switch for the job but want to pop it from the alarm remote as well. I only want to be able to trigger the solenoid when the alarm is disarmned and the engine isn't running. I have an idea of how to do this here but would like your ideas as I think I may be over complicating things.

I want to get the boot wired ASAP but the locking problem has been doing my head in for months. All help VERY much appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the toad should be wired for positive locking and the lock/unlock wires are in the drivers side sill
    you should have connected to a
    Door Lock Yellow/Red (+) or Gray
    Door Unlock Red/Black (+) Or Green Positive Trigger
    was the toad brand new?
    as for the boot release you need a 4 pin relay and wire it as follows
    pins 86 and 87 wire to a permanent 12v + supply
    pin 85 connect the green/red accessory output from the alarm
    pin 30 connect to one of the wires on the solenoid connect the other wire from the solenoid to the thick brown earth wire in the loom for the rear wiper in the tailgate
    thats it

pins

3. monkeyzoo Forum Member

The toad wasn't brand new but I did buy it brand new this just isn't the first car of mine that it's been in. The wire colours you mention do seem familiar. I'll check to see how it's wired into the locks as soon as I get the chance. Wired this way, does the alarm just mimick the switching trigered by the lock barrel?

Re. popping the boot - great info there!

• Will this only work with the alarm dissarmed? I don't want to be open the boot on the move or it try to pop with boot locked.
    • How do I integrate a physical switch as well. Again, I only want it to work with the alarm dissarmed but also only when the engine isn't running.

A couple more things a bit off topic:
    • How are extra LEDs wired in?
    • Is it possible to have the doors lock with ignition? I've heard mixed things about this.

Thanks for your help:thumbup::clap:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

yes it just imitates the output of the locking pump
    yes the boot release will only work when its disarmed and without the ignition on
    yes you can program the alarm to lock the doors when the ignition is turned on
    yes you can wire in extra leds
    the easiest way to do that would be by getting some normal 12v flashing leds and wire them as follow
    connect the red of the led to 12v+ then connect the black wires from the leds to the negative whilst armed output from the alarm thats it

5. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Thankyou. :thumbup:

Could you help with the boot switch question as well?

Apologies for all the questions. All help appreciated.

6. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

just wire the switch to a permanent live on one side then run a cable from the other side to the solenoid
    you can then connect the output from the relay to that

7. monkeyzoo Forum Member

The lock/unlock is wired to two wires by the passenger door (green and grey iirc) which I think go to the micro switches on the lock barrel. Would this be a similar pair to that which you said should be used in the drivers sill and would using the pair on the passenger side cause any problems?

8. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

either side will work fine
    those wires go the the central locking pump not the micro switch in the door
    i fitted a toad to a mk3 today and it all works fine

9. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Thanks for all your help. I THINK I sorted my locks today and if right it was nothing alarm related. Alarm central locking appears to working correctly but I'm still gonna check those wire colours/location to be sure.

10. vw scottie Forum Member

Sorry to hijack this thread i`ve also go a ai606 and want the full window/sunroof closure to work when i arm the alarm. I know the white wire is the feed from the alarm and i think the wire that i need is red and yellow for the closure all i need to know is how do i wire then for it to work.
    B the way its a 96 mk3 golf