Can it be trusted?????

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by philnotlob, Oct 27, 2003.

1. philnotlob New Member

What are peoples opinions on this

Can it be trusted, does it do the job?[:s]

2. MrBen Forum Junkie

Heard of it before. The general conclusion was that it was rubbish, but I can't remember why! I think it was something to do with making a sensor give a false reading so it ran richer?

3. Jeff Forum Junkie

remember theres no such thing as a free lunch! Its dodgy IMO. It potentially COULD work, but in nearly all cases I dont think it would - throwing more fuel into an engine without extra air aint gonna increase the power unless its running too lean to start with. And if it was running too lean it would be killing itself.

Ever tried pulling the choke out on a car with manual choke when its warmed up? trust me they DONT suddenly run better, by making them richer!

4. Rahul Forum Junkie

good comparison......

its a con!

5. philnotlob New Member

Fair doos, i suppose if you really want the car to think it has more cold air going into it, then give it more cold air - forced induction kit is probably a better idea!!

6. Golden Forum Junkie

A waste of postage..........

7. JAY

Jay Forum Member

someone posted the instructions on the last forum, basically you fitted a capacitor or something on the wiring to make the car think it's running lean and therefor chuck more fuel into it.

If it was that good, dont you think the manufact's would add it from the start to give them the extra BHP!!

8. philnotlob New Member

They do cater for performance reliability and economy when the manufacturers make cars, this device obviously disregards the last two, thats why they sont put it on as standard!

9. JAY

Jay Forum Member

10. philnotlob New Member

Unbeleivable:o , that can be sidelined in my plans to mod, i'll stick with the usual chip, zorst and filter!!!!

[xx(]