Can't disable immobiliser (Clifford G5 Concept 650)

Discussion in 'Security' started by ManicGTI, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ManicGTI Forum Member

I've got a Clifford G5, Concept 650 in my mk1 Cabbie, but I can't arm or disarm the alarm or immob from the keyfob.

1. What the hell is the problem!

2. Is there a temp way round it so I can drive the car, it's stranded at work!

Ok...heres the story...I've been away for two weeks. While I was away the batt went flat, and car got a bit damp inside.

My flatmate tried to disable immob by disconnecting the battery (obv didn't work). I got back on Sat, charged the battery up, put it back in the car and after about 5 mins of wailing it let me diasable the alarm using keyfob.

Monday...it was tempermental, disarmed fine to go tto work, when i arrived the immob kicked in fine but the alarm woulnd't arm. After work it armed/disarmed fine.

Today, Imob kicked in, but on return to the car after work it wouldn't arm/disarm. I've changed the batteries in the keyfob. It Didn't help.

Any suggestions?!?!?!

I'm kinda desperate here, the cars abandoned at work!

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

try finding the 5 amp fuse that powers the alarm that may well be the problem

3. ManicGTI Forum Member

Problem appears to have resolved itself....It was left standing for a few weeks so i'm thinking it must have had condensation or similar...

4. animaniac Forum Member

You will have a valet code on your owners manual!

With the ignition on enter your valet code through the plainview2 valet switch.

Normaly with the ignition on the dash lights dont lite up if the immobilisers armed, so once you've entered the code the immobiliser will disarm and the dash will come to life..

If your code was 2222 you'd press the the marked button two times and then press the unmarked button, and then press the marked button 2 times again and then press the unmarked button and so on until you have put you code in and once you've put the last digit in once you press the unmarked button the ignition lights should light up and it should be disarmed........

I hope this helps