cant Revo

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by isachunt, Dec 4, 2006.

1. isachunt Forum Member

Went down my local Revo place and they pluged the lap top in only to find no errors loged good news i thought.Next came the news Revo dont have a program for my 1998 passat 1.9 tdi [:^(] .i have seen tunning boxes from Van aiken and several others.Anyone had one of these?

2. Seraph Banned

assuming you've a pre pd diesel, this sounds right. 140+hp should be do-able.

yes, heard of tuning boxes and Van Aiken are quite well kown tuners too.

3. isachunt Forum Member

im sure the van Aiken was abot 137 and a fair increase in tourqe.Going to have a look at the intercooler at the weekend.I have a full size g6o/rallye cooler and ill see if its bigger better than what is on there.Noing my luck it wont be suitable[:^(]

4. mk1. Forum Junkie

were abouts in the country are you?Automark in Stokesley n/yorks will be able to re-map it with a custom chip:)

5. isachunt Forum Member

Down in Portsmouth so that would be a fair drive.Thanks anyway

6. markone2L16v Forum Member

Give superchips a call. They do a thing called a blue fin now which is a plug and play gadget. Not 100% sure if they do one for yours, but if not then they'll defo be able to map it for you. They're in Buckingham, so not so far!

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

one thing youve got to ask yourself is 'is it worth it?' i used to have tdis of that era, is yours 110 or 90bhp?

the gains will be limited compared to those of a 130 etc.. so maybe do simple things or wait?