Car Siezed By Police!!!!

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by pyrotechnix, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Was it a customers car? Were you on business?

2. dave18 Forum Member

I think its fair to say their is perks to all jobs. Some are right some are not, We are not to judge as long as its legal all should be gravy,

3. nealey Forum Junkie

Couple of mates of mine have had the same thing happen in coventry, got pulled over to be told they werent insured even though they both were

They both got told to leave their car at the side of the road and that a recovery company was on its way to collect it, one of my mates was lucky and managed to talk his way out of it and drive home on the basis he will prove he has insurance straight away

The other had his car taken away and to add insult to injury had his cd player stolen sometime between getting it recovered and going to pick it up from the compound

4. jamesv New Member

Cabby Dave...
    "You're trying not to by having a trader policy"...very presumptious of you? Having had work done by pyrotechnix before, I have learnt that the Golf in question is actually is a business car. He was explaining to me how it is also covered for SDP use (at extra charge), not just work-related stuff.

And anyway, the Mk.2 Golf in question, (which is very nice Andy, I must add) is hardly an M3 or Supra. He uses it for his livelihood and pays so much for this trade policy that it is actually considerably more expensive than if he just insured his Golf.

Don't prejudge pyrotechnix by your mate's standards...

5. pyrotechnix Forum Member

not customers car cleary as i said, my car. and no i was not on business, the car is a registered business car and i pay extra on the policy for social domestic and pleasure use to be included. i pay 4000 a year for all business insurance... would cost me 600 to insure the golf myself... you do the maths....

6. pyrotechnix Forum Member

its a proper sh** one!! its their mistake and i am gonna make them pay!! slightlyworried abou my car now... was it at the rowleys pound by any chance? just out of intersest, did he get his money back?

been up today but they closed... monday it is i guess :(

cheers, andy

7. pyrotechnix Forum Member

hope the car is ok jamesv :)
    your right aswell, were not all tryin to scam the system, some of us actually work hard!!
    cheers, andy

8. nealey Forum Junkie

Yes it was the rowleys pound and he didnt get his money back as it sat there for a while in the end so cost him a fair bit to get it back

He did get offered some rubbish amount for his headunit though after it was stolen

9. pyrotechnix Forum Member

oh no :/ very worried now!! lol

cheers, andy

10. Admin Guest

only those forces that use it.

the chances of being stopped are still slim at the moment and the fines they chuck out on those cops shows are not much of deterrent,

11. pyrotechnix Forum Member

at 930 this mornin i went to rowleys to claim back my golf...
    "no problem" she said
    "thats 129 pounds please" wit a smug look on her face
    fu****s, not impressed at all!
    so the t**t in chargeof the keys brought him out covered in mud and ****e, i had a go but they dont care... feel propper ****ed over by them, the police and this so called government... feels like a dictatorship to me... grrrrr!! peeved!!
    its good t have him back tho and no damage at all... that ive seen ne way.
    hopefully its all sorted and i should get back the money i payed... which is the next challenge!!
    thanks again for your interest guys [:D] appreciated
    andy

12. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

chin up, you have your car back so your half way - just got to get your money back now!!!

13. pyrotechnix Forum Member

tru, i just hope the cash comes back now, im sure they will try and wriggle there way out of it!! fingers crossed!!
    andy

14. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

i thought if you didnt have your docs on you you just got told to show them at the police station within 7 days? as i never have mine in the car because I take the advice that your not supost to keep anything like that in the car, just in case.

maybe i should think about keeping copies in the car now, just in case....

15. pyrotechnix Forum Member

he said its at the officers discresion to either give you a producer or take the car... this cop was bein a nob tho!! i now keep only copies in the car, im not havin the same happen again, so like you say.... just in case...

16. Matt G Forum Member

get a ma-hoosive wallet and carry copies round in that.

with regards to needlessly taking your car, can you not make a complaint to the police complaints comission about the inconvenience caused etc, and the state of the car on release.....etc.

17. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i think you will now find, that they check against what is supposed to be an accurate live insurance database, so if they do that check and nothing comes back for your car then they arn't allowed to send you on your way thinking full well you are uninsured!!! you could have called your insurance company and got them to speak to the police as I saw this done on a uk program where they were following police..... having a copy of the certificate in the car would help back that up too.....

18. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Fair play to you for staying cool I'd have probably been arrested for assaulting a police officer if they'd done that to me. D*ckhead coppers doing their level best to ruin the reputations of the few decent coppers that are left...

19. Steve007 New Member

When you have a traders policy, if you intend to have a vehicle more than 7 days you need to register it on the Motor Insurers Database. You can either do this by letting your insurance broker know or you can do this by getting a password from your insurance company.

If you are in doubt whether your insurance broker has done what you ahve asked for then you need to check www.askmid.com and that will let you know simply whether your vehicle is or is not added.

If you get pulled up bythe side of the road, try and get the cops to call your insurance broker to confirm the existance of your traders policy.

Steve

20. pyrotechnix Forum Member

this was my point exactly... they were well within their rights in their eyes to take the car, a simple phone call would have solved it, but he was "not willing to" ... i tried to get a number but couldnt get it in time, got a certif from business partner.... out of date, i tried... :( got a cover note in the end and all was good again!! well... ish... lol