Car valuation

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Chrisrpal, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Chrisrpal Events Team

Hi Guys,

How do I get a agreed valuation on my mk2 91 golf digi abf. I have spent a big forture on it so want to know how to get a a agreed valuation?

2. Admin Guest

Usually it's just the insurance company that requests some good photos of your car (all panels and interior, engine etc) and then they will agree a value based on the photos and what info you've sent them/what you've said it's worth.

3. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Do some research of other similar condition/specced cars to give yourself an idea of what it's worth, then persuade the insurance company the same, simples. Adrian Flux didn't bat an eyelight at agreeing a value with me based on the spec list iirc.

4. Chrisrpal Events Team

Cool, cheers fella's ;)

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'd think the insurance won't care if it's just a few grand. They'll have a threshold, above which the valuation needs to be independently verified (15k with mine, but could vary a lot across companies).

6. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

go a bit over the top on your agreed value, if your ins co thinks its too much they will tell you, if they agree it then you have a higher valued car that (God forbid) gets in a bit of mischeif then is well catered for.