CARBS Vs THROTTLES???

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by dubgero, Aug 10, 2004.

1. S_Gault New Member

anyone who knows me will tell you i dont build engines for just anyone! Ive always too muc on, so you generally have to talk nice... Im not here for advertising.. i dont need to.

Im here to help.. I build racing engines.. not boy racer stuff and am here to provifde FREE info from knowledge of what works and what doesnt.. not rumours of what my pal told me down the pub. So any more nice comments like above and I'll leave you to it!

Ta for now.

Steven

2. dubgero New Member

well im always gratefull for any help and anyway i live up in carlisle near scotland and it seems to be the miles away from anywhere that can help with modding vw engines i think the closest will be either dubsport or bedrock vdubs!! and in my experience dubsport arent interested in anything but 20vt but just my opinion :)

3. KeithMac Forum Junkie

You need a crank trigger wheel and crank position sensor, you can get them off pugs and the like.
    Edited by: KeithMac

4. S_Gault New Member

the vauxhall one from the vectra is best as its a digital sensor and is very tolerant of other signals. (some others pick up interference very easily).

I also use the Bosch/ vauxhall trigger wheel as its very robust 60-2 fitting and will stand high revs easily- the ford 36 tooth one comes apart above 7500rpm .

Both are pretty cheap too, so thats a bonus!!

Steven

5. prof Forum Addict

abf has one as standard,

6. mk1. Forum Junkie

I use the vauxhall one on my set-up,it fits nicely inside the front pulley,just a case of mounting & aligning the crank censor,ive mounted mine on the power steering bracket,it works well with my pug ecu,never had any problems :)

7. Sam_Rallye Forum Member

The thing with carbs is its mainly down to whoever is setting them up
    as to how good they are, and most tuners are pretty pants when it
    comes to webers, i used gerald dale in sussex who seemed good,
    the car runs perfect and idles at 500rpm in the mornings no problem
    and 750 when warm and goes well too [:D]

Is it the motronic m3.1 people use when they do home made style tb
    setups and i assume wayne@chipwizards remaps them?

8. mk1. Forum Junkie

its the magnet marrenelli 8P thats used for the t/b`s,the motronic m3.1 is used for turbocharged,yep wayne at chipwizards is the man

9. altern8 Forum Junkie

10. C-N-M New Member

pm sent steve[:D]