Castleford Escape/freeport

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Steve B, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B Forum Junkie

just been up to the castleford escape center again and i have to say the escape part is great loads more shops than when i first went and if your into any of the extream sports you bound to find something you want if a little expencive

the new stuff scince i was there last is the ice wall for ice climbing and also found a small indoor skate park

seems reall good

my main poin of the post is to complain about the really really crap freeport shopping thing they have built

i mean who in there right mind would build a brand new out door shopping thing, it lookes exactly the same as the local town center, infact its no better than the local town center its just as cold wet and windy

i really cant understand why if your going to build a new shopping place why you wouldnt build a big indoor mall having an outdoor one pretty much means when its raining no one will come, which is pretty much why they invented shopping centers in the first place so people would still come on the rainy days

really is beyond me, i can imagine in a few years time they will be putting a roof over that plave to attract customers in the winter.

anyone thinking of going dont bother go to leeds or medow hall or the trafford center

unless you wanna go for the extream stuff which the escape place is really good

rant over

2. TommyT Forum Member

Yeah... Freeport really has gone downhill..

Infact, it was already at the bottom of the slope.

If you can ski/board to almost any degree, Xscape isn't worth it. Takes me 7 seconds to get down the slope.

BUT... If your just going on a skiing/boarding holiday and have never ski'd before, and don't want to waste your time over there learning for 2 days. Go for a few lessons at that slope.

TT

3. slythe_guy Forum Member

i've seen the place and considered going for their climbing/ice climbing what's that like?

4. Steve B Forum Junkie

looks kind of good, i have never seen any other facilities really so i cant compare, but the ice climb looks good to me

and the wall climb is pretty high

also has a suspended jungle jim type thing right at the top you have to make your way over, everyone is secured to the roof on a rail looks good if you can deal with heights

5. slythe_guy Forum Member

does it compare with this wall?
    [​IMG]

6. Steve B Forum Junkie

erm no compared to that it is tiney, i would say just over half as high and maybe 2 - 4 meters on each face wide but it is in a circle you can climb all the way around, the ice wall is also of similar size

i think the whole point of the place is to encorage people to start lerning especially the kids im pretty sure there are classes for all the sports there its a really good idea if you ask me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.