CE2 1.8T AMK No spark

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Stephenmk2amk, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Stephenmk2amk New Member

Hello, I’m an novice mechanic and I’m wondering if anyone can give some advice. I have fitted an AMK engine with 02m box to my 90 ‘gti mk2. So far I’ve mounted the engine and box into the bay and fitted a downpipe, Pedal box, shifter etc. I’ve plugged the loom in apart from the hi/lo oil pressure sensor which sit in the bay. VSS switch, clutch switch and a ground in the footwell yet to be wired in. In terms of the other earth I’ve got one to the gearbox mount and one to the crash panel, one off the coils to the head and two more off the back of the loom to the bulkhead. The issue I’m having is the that although the starter works, pump is sending fuel and the engine cranks, I’m not getting any spark. A mate is bringing me his vagcom to plug it in and see if that can shed some light. But is there anything obvious I’m missing? Any advice appreciated!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

with the ignition on do you have power to the coilpacks? if you have the 428 ecu relay in the big relay box did you remember to plug the big 2 pin plug from it which powers the ecu and coilpacks? assuming you put a fuse on the ecu relay power (which you should) make sure its not popped, later coilpack looms often crack up and short so have a close look at it. you can buy coilpack repair looms for this