Central locking pump sticks on

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by mrglee, Jul 5, 2022.

1. mrglee Forum Member

Just started doing this fine on lock but pump continues to run when unlock not every time about 1 in 5 give the pump a small tap it stops.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if all the vacuum hoses are tip top then it sounds like the pump itself is on its way out. sometimes you can strip and repair

mrglee likes this.
  3. mrglee Forum Member

Had the pump out and found the two short hoses with springs inside in the pump were a loose fit replaced now runs a lot shorter on locking with no issues at all but still running after unlocking sometimes plugged off at pump outlet still doing it
    is there something like contact points inside the pump motor did see screws holding it together so can be opened.

4. rubjonny

yeah you can split them down there will be some kind of internal pressure switch I imagine which cuts the pump

5. mrglee Forum Member

All sorted I hope now locks in the blink of an eye unlock about a second found and shuts down every time one of the hoses I replace had come off so put a smaller dia one in all now looks good....for now.
    Do these pumps suck and blow [:D]

6. rubjonny