Cheap CAT 1 Alarms Fitted!

Discussion in 'Security' started by MrVR6, Mar 31, 2010.

1. MrVR6 New Member

after looking around and phoning a few ICE Garages getting quotes for 300-500 for a cat1 and 250 for a cat2 my mate told me about a group on ebay who sell and fit them free:thumbup:.

thought someone might find it useful if there looking for new alarms/ imobs as its the cheapest iv found so far, ill be buying a Cat1 Viper or Toad from them so ill let you know how it goes if anyones interested:)

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/SAC-Distribution__W0QQ_armrsZ1

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

be very wary of free fitting
    they will more than likely do the absolute basics and probably very poorly
    they will then charge you extra to add a bonnet pin and hook up your central locking etc etc
    so what starts off as one price will end up being more expensive than just going to a proper installer in the first place

3. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    i wouldn`t call it free fitting as you can get them for under 100 supply only.

just double check what is included as said above and also if they are deemed to be competent/trained to fit by insurance companies

4. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Was quoted 399 from Toad for Ai606, they come to your house and fit - also give a lifetime guarantee and money back if your car is nicked - thinking i'm going down that route.

5. MrVR6 New Member

had a Viper Hv Full cat1 Alarm&Immobiliser fitted today, took him hour n bit but he did the job.

they charged me 159.99, i also needed a door motor which they supplied for 20.

alarm is great, overall great service, will be using again for other cars. :thumbup: