Cheap copy wishbones

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by altern8, Nov 3, 2003.

1. altern8 Forum Junkie

Anyone used cheap wishbones before and found that the bolt holes for the arb clamps dont line up properly
    :(

i dont think the ones i got are good copies because my eibach arbs dont bolt down straight

2. daveybwoy Forum Member

The ones I got were crap the small hole for pivot bush at the front was a different diameter on each wishbone.........thanks GSF!! Get VAG ones!

3. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

how much are vag ones?

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah, i'm wondering about this too...i wanna get new bushes but would rather fit them to new wishbones rather than try and change them on my original ones over a weekend (cause you know it won't go to plan!).

i'm also guessing that if i do that its worth while fitting new ball joints? (i've seen first hand what can happen if one fails)

5. prof Forum Addict

or have you got em upsidedown? can't remember if they are different either way up

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

i dont think they are on upside down everything else is on ok just these stupid bolt holes wheres my drill :o

7. RoyF18 Forum Member

I've heard lots of bad stuff about GSF/ECP wishbones. I personally wouldn't bother, just go to VAG.

8. GTi69 Forum Member

I got some wishbones from ECP, they went back and i got my money back, they were crap, one was about a kilo lighter than the other and you didn't even have to struggle to get the bushes in, the holes were too big for the bushes!. I would go to VAG if i were you.

9. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I got a pair of Febi`s from C+R, fitted a treat with the poly bushes.

Still you can`t beat genuine stuff.

10. DAVENJAC New Member

Bought my Febis from C & R, they even fitted the poly bushes for me. Matched any price I found elsewhere. Can't say fairer than that.

11. altern8 Forum Junkie

they are febi's :( gona try and drill a new hole today [|)]

12. mazza New Member

I fitted VAG ones with the bushes and also the bushes on the anti roll bar, you might as well do all the bushes while your at it, you pay a bit more but at least they fit and will last longer.

13. daveybwoy Forum Member

The VAG ones don't come bare........only supplied with bushes already in. Which is a shame.

14. loosenutz New Member

just fitted a set of febis with bushes (22 each inc vat from www.vwspares.co.uk) with the intention of cleaning up my original VAG items and re-fitting with prothane bushes when i get the time, but had no problems at all with the febis, everything lined up perfectly and the quality seems fine on them

15. AndrewF Forum Addict

take it 22 is for mkII ones? do you happen to know how much the mkIII ones are?

also, did they come with or without bushes?

16. loosenutz New Member

not sure bout the mk3 ones but mk2s were 22 inc bushes, or about 13 bare. website has listing of all vehicles and parts available inc prices if this helps.

17. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

motherf**king GSF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish i'd read this thread yesterday, just bought 2 16v boge turbo gas rear shocks from gsf for gf's car for mot and they were 29+vat! [:^(] AVS are only 25 something [xx(]

18. loosenutz New Member

its the 1st time id used AVS but the guy was really helpful and delivered next day so I'll definitely be using him again.

19. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

i bought brembo's from them before but didn't realise they did all the service parts, going to go cry now [:^(]

20. loosenutz New Member

if it makes u feel any better i ordered 2 headlight adjustors from GSF last thursday for my MOT tomorrow (after some w**ker on the way home from the pub on a saturday night decided to try to kick my headlights in after kicking in a rear cluster!!!); one of them arrived this morning in a ripped paper envelope (rather than a jiffy bag), with the other one being lost somewhere in a postal abyss!! Just what i needed to happen!!