Cheap way to remap AGU with K03s

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Cooper_Gti, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Cooper_Gti Forum Member

I have a Lupo with a 1.8t AGU engine fitted.

It has the following mods...

K03s
    3" turbo back exhaust
    80mm TIP
    Large FMIC
    Forge recirc valve (yellow spring)
    Open cone filter

Is there any way I can get a generic map loaded on to the ECU rather than forking out 500 for a custom remap, as there is only 1 place I've found so far that will touch it! :cry:

I've also looked into buying a new ECU which has already been stage 2 mapped for a K03s, but obviously this is hard and I'm guessing the ECU serial numbers need to match up directly...

My ECU number is 06A 906 018 R

Does anyone know if this ECU is easily mappable through the OBD port?

2. vroomtshh New Member

Assuming you've got an AGU ECU, its mappable through OBD if you apply 12v to pin 43.
    I'd imagine you'll be fairly unlikely to find a generic map for those mods thats written for that ECU.

If you can find a stage 2 mapped ecu, it doesn;t need to be an exact part number match, but will need the immobiliser removed

3. Cooper_Gti Forum Member

Yes, the ECU I have is de-immobilised.

I have found a mapped ECU, but it's got the 'R' suffix and not the 'AQ' as mine does. This is believed to be from an AGU with K03s, but I don't know if he's telling the truth or not. :(
    Not only that, but he wants 170 for it, plus i'll have to pay 50 to unlock it.

Why don't tuning companies remap conversions any more?!?

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Agu uses older Bosch Ecu which is a lot more difficult to remap then say ME7.5 or similar
    AGU never came with KO3s
    Just get unlocked ME7.5 Ecu with loom and you will have mappable Ecu
    If you are lucky it may be mapped already and suitable for ur needs

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I will check later to see what which era the 06A90618R ECU is. I do now CJ and CG ECUs are write only ECUs via the diagnostic port.
    Some of the other stuff is like the VR6 ECU and has a PLCC44 chip inside. Those are longer to make changes too.

ECU itself is easy like a VR6 unit to recalibrate if you know what you are doing in principle. Unfortunately commercial places do not like them as they have to work hard to get them set up right.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Richard Mk2 likes this.
  6. Cooper_Gti Forum Member

Do you know of anyone who may be willing to set it up Toyotec?

Badger5 didn't want to know, R-tech (local to me) won't do it, Revo don't have any Generic AGU maps that take into account a K03s...

How far off would I be with a normal AGU stage 2 map from the likes of Revo?

7. rallye1.8t Forum Member

'r' ecu can be flashed.

i do have a k03s agu file.

8. Cooper_Gti Forum Member

My ECU is an 'AQ'.

If it's possible to map it, would you be so kind as to send me your map file for the AGU? If it works i have no problem sending you some money for your troubles.

9. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Reminds me, I need to have mine mapped soon, as I'm still in the same position which an AGU using a k03s.

10. Bensmith1.8t New Member

Hi does anyone have a file for a agu with k04 022 turbo and 80mm maf ive got the turbo and everything else just don't want to fit it until I've got the ecu sorted thanks in advance ... I know there's been noonw on here for 7-8 years but worth a shot

11. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I also have an AGU with a K03S that I would like the standard ECU remapped for.
    Anybody want to get a 'group buy' going?
    Jon

12. Bensmith1.8t New Member

I was going to go to tuning technics and buy an ecu or standalone but it so much money and money is hard to keep lately lol so hoping we can get something a bit more cost effective

13. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Convert to ME7.5

14. Bensmith1.8t New Member

I have looked into it, I'm okay with all the mechanical side it's just wiring that's a bit scary lol and the whole cable throttle bud ... but always an option if anyone has a ecu, harness, pedal and wide band all as one