Choosing a PDA (palm etc)

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by SkyRocketeer, Jan 11, 2004.

1. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Been toying with the idea of getting a PDA (or 'brain' as we call em at work). Mainly for logging my extra hours and making a note of when all the shows n stuff are (Last year I worked out of 3 diarys, only 1 was electronic and none of them were complete [:s]).

I also really like the idea of getting it to run with a GPS doodah and mapping software for in (and out of) car navigation (I'm on the road a bit through work)..

Oh and I'd want it to change the channel on the telly too, I hear they can do this and it'd be well cool.

So what do I need? I dont want a pocket PC, as they're too expensive and have micro$oft on em. I like the look of the sony stuff, but dont like being locked into their proprietary storage (memory stick). I also like the new palm tungsten E - about my price range, but I'm not sure it has serial for the GPS thingumy.

Has anyone got one of these, had any joy getting it to do anything like what I'm after?? Am I asking too much from an electronic diary?

2. MK3_GPP Forum Member

Have you bought one yet ?