Claim sorted through insurance (Admiral) - then court claim arrives

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by rich81, Feb 5, 2011.

1. WillG

WillG Forum Member

ah good news Rich.

Mine has now turned into the same - I informed my insurer (Halifax/esure) about a claim from a letter I received, then I received a Claims Form. I gave Halifax all the Claims Form details and they told me to ignore it and that it was being dealt with by the legal team. I phoned and checked it was being dealt with a week later and to double check that I didn't need to reply to the Claims Form. I was told both times no.

Today I've just received a judgement saying that because I didn't respond it has dealt in his favour. [:x] I also received a letter today (coincidence?) from his insurer saying that they haven't heard from me (why would they?!) or my insurer about the incident - despite my insurer contacting them almost a year ago and us still not receiving his claim form.

Back on the phone to the insurers, spoke to their external solicitors who apparently got sent the details 18 days after the first Claim Form phonecall (4 days AFTER the claims from final return date). But I'm not on their system. [:x]

So back to Halifax and I spoke to someone else back and got a name in their legal team to send the Judgement form to.

I just don't want him to get any money off my insurer/me for my insurers cock up when he was fully at fault. [:x][:x][:x][:x][:x][:x]

2. rich81 Forum Member

WIllG yeah it's a nightmare and it's all because these so called major companies are ran like some dodgy backstreet place. All they seem to care about is taking money off you. When it comes to even serious things like this they just aren't interested and need prompting all the way to get something done. The court doesn't care whose fault it is, if it's your name on the letter and there's no response, you get the CCJ on your credit record for six years and threats of baliffs comign round. Since the CCJ went on, my wife has recieved tons of letters for 'help if you're struggling with debt' kind of things so obviously people have access to that CCJ database as well!

We still haven't had any confirmation letter or any correspondance about how it's going at all from Admiral, so I'll need to be on the phone to them again Monday to check what's going on.

No mention of any recompense yet, but I shall be asking them to pay for a credit check so that we can be sure the CCJ is properly removed.

Again for anyone reading this, do not trust your insurer to handle these sort of matters alone, make sure you are pushing them for updates every step of the way.

3. rich81 Forum Member

Finally had the CCJ removed and just in the nick of time, as we are relocating and renting a new house. The CCJ went off the day before the credit checks were done! This only got done on time as I was calling the solicitor directly to check and also the court to make sure they did what they're supposed to do.

Sorted.

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you gonna go after Jeremy Kyle style compo? i think it would be reasonable for them to reinstate the NCD ;)

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Sounds like a nightmare for both of you.

Will, for the record, when our claim went through when the Clio was smacked by the Harley, the hire car charges were in excess of 5500. The hire car was 120 per day (like for like, we had a Mini Cooper S) and we had it for 8 weeks nearly.