Cleaning washer bottle and PAS reservoir.

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Matt Golf, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Matt Golf Forum Member

Hi both my stock vw tanks are filthy. Don’t want to junk them so what’s best way to clean inside and put. I heard a trick about rice and bleach for inside. Does this work?

2. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Not heard that one before, clothes washing powder is good for the expansion bottle. Help's to dissolve any oil that may have found its way in there. Could try that on those too, will be more gentle than the bleach to begin with. I guess the rice maybe acts as an abrasive?

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

pas tank just unclip the top, easy peasy. washer bottle various methods out there, rice and bleach, washing powder, put it in the dishwasher yada yada. for mine it had lots of caked on dirt in the corners which I struggled to shift with the usual methods. so I cable tied a scourer sponge to a bent coathanger and poked it in the top hole. tweak the bends in the coathanger till I could get it into all the corners and scrubbed it out till it was spotless

4. Matt Golf Forum Member

Cheers, I managed to split the PAS tank but getting the top off and gave it a damn good clean with white spirit. Did the job