Clifford 650 Proximity sensor - can it be switched off?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dubya, May 7, 2006.

1. Dubya Forum Junkie

I have a Clifford Concept 650 fitted to my car and I want to turn off the proximity sensor that makes the alarm bleep at people when they go near the car.

Because my car is parked on the street, whenever someone walks past it beeps, and this annoys some people. Sometime in the last week someone has kicked a big dent into my passenger door, and I am pretty convinced they did it because of the proximity sensor beeping.

So, does anyone know how I can turn this feature off?

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

on my 600 its shift button twice and button 2...that turns it until you use the alarm next time

or you could turn it down more

3. Dubya Forum Junkie

Using those buttons puts it in valet mode, so the alarm and immobiliser would be disarmed too.

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

isnt valet shift and button 1?

5. Dubya Forum Junkie

Clifford twice then lock/unlock puts mine in valet mode.

I'm not sure which button is 1 or 2.

6. pigbladder Forum Addict

im on about the 5 button remote...big button is 1 , the 2,3,4 clockwise if your looking at it

7. Dubya Forum Junkie

I get it now, just had a play and it works as you say.

Thanks very much for your help.

8. pigbladder Forum Addict

got there in the end hey

9. The db

The db Forum Junkie

On ALL the Cliffords I have seen the proximity sensor can be turned down, or even down so much that no siren sounds, but the lights flash by an allen key turning switch located under the gaiter for the gearstick.