Clifford Arrow 5.1 '97 Mk3 Gti Install

Discussion in 'Security' started by Admin, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Admin Guest

Hi all,
    I'm finally trying to fit a Clifford Arrow 5.1 alarm to my '97 Mk3 Gti 8v (first project :)) . I have a few questions I would really appreciate some help with..

Regarding the central locking system hook up: from the install guide I have identified the system as Type E. This specifies one single control line (+12 when unlocked, gnd when locked) which I have measured to be the black/red line going into the door harness. From the install guide this would require 2 additional relays and a bit of wiring. This complication is fine if needed but I am just unsure if I have identified this correctly??

I have looked at another mk3 gti 16v with a cobra fitted and cannot see this circuit (hence me being so unsure). Do 97 mk3's have lock/unlock lines (and factory relays) which would be a lot simpler (type A). I have tried measuring the (black-red, yellow-red) lines which I have read elsewhere are just this, but to to avail.

Any help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Kev

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

you will need to use 2 4 pin relays as described in the installation manual
    there is a separate lock and unlock wire on the car and both can be found at the multi plug goin to the drivers door
    Positive Trigger
    Door Lock Yellow/Red (+) or Gray Driver's Kick panel
    Door Unlock Red/Black (+) Or Green