clifford eagle

Discussion in 'Security' started by Gti mad man, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Gti mad man Forum Member

anyone know anything about this got one on my new car can it be linked to the central locking cheers

2. Yup, should be able to do it.

There should be two plugs into the unit. The smaller one has the locking wires (with a few others).

The way it works is you wire two of them to +12v, as the MK3 is a positive locking system (if I remember right).

Then two other wires splice into the locking wires under the drivers right hand kick panel.

Can't remember the wire colours off the top of me head. I'll dig out the locking wiring diagram for ya.

I think you can even extend the locking pulse so it closes the sunroof/windows etc, if you've got the factory total closure fitted.
    Edited by: harry_the_cake

3. Gti mad man Forum Member

thanks dude so is the eagle likely to be a vw alarm then?

its on a mk3 16v

4. Na, should be a Clifford alarm. There should be an LED with clifford written around it. Also you should be able to find a small metal switch hidden somewhere.
    Do you have the remotes?
    Actually, best bet is to find the brain under the dash to be sure.

I used to fit them for a living ages ago. I've got an "Eagle II" in me valver.

Good alarms, but only if fitted properly. Sounds like you've got the older version of my alarm.

I'll try and get the diagram for ya tonight. PM me if I forget.

I'm usually at no-rice if you want me to take a look.
    Edited by: harry_the_cake

5. Gti mad man Forum Member

hey dude your right i found vallet switch and reciept for a cliford eagle it has wooden remoted dont think its working though as nothing hapens when i press the buttons [:^(]

6. Okay, that sounds correct. The wooden remote was an extra you could buy for clifford alarms at the time. You can program in the remote you have as long as the alarm is connected up to power and working etc.

You have to enter into valet mode by switching the ignition on and then flicking the switch over.

The LED should light and stay on. You then flick the switch a certain number of times (you will get a chirp from the siren on each flick).
    After the correct number of chirps, you press the large button on the remote to add it to the alarm.

I'll find out the number of chirp/flicks for you and post it up when I get in tonight from work.

You might find that the central locking is already wired in etc.

Also check that the light on the remote comes on when you press the buttons. It might just have a flat battery.

There is also a list of chirp numbers to program all sorts of things like, siren sound/time, lock doors when you switch ignition on etc.

7. Studweiser Forum Member

guess i'll be coming round for a few beers then Andy to sort it out for ya ;)

8. Gti mad man Forum Member

well i didnt want to ask but as its a mk3 and you seem to have a fetish for clifords............ lol :lol:

got your number paul from private message so i'll give you a call la [:$]

9. Gti mad man Forum Member

aw just relaised thhink this is same alarm as i had on my xr3i(cough) were as you said programing's done on the valet switch as oposed to the remote on newer alarms ,if i remeber correct i had central locking on that too but not sure if o.e mk3 central locking is vacum or electronic solenoid ,

currently the alarms status led is on all the timevallet mode????

10. Yes it is in valet mode at the moment. Leave it there, otherwise you won't be able to start the car as it should have an immobiliser built in.

MK3 locking uses switches in the doors that run to a control box and then the pump.

Should be vacuum actuators in the doors, no solenoids.

Not worked on a MK3 for years, so could wrong.

11. Just thought. Try putting the car in and out of valet mode with channel five on the remote.

Press the side button and then the big one.

Does the LED go out? If it does then the remote is working okay.

If the locking is connected up, you should be able to lock/unlock the doors from the remote when in valet mode, it just won't chirp and arm etc.

Try switching the ignition on and flicking the switch so the LED goes out, then try the remote to arm the alarm.

If it doesn't work, just put it back into valet.