Clifford Intelliguard 950 - Excellent

Discussion in 'Security' started by Ben's16v, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Ben's16v Forum Member

Just had a Clifford Intelliguard 950 installed by Liquid Ice in Yeovil.

Features:
    - 2 point immobiliser
    - Tilt Sensor
    - Window break sensor
    - Proximity Sensor
    - BlackJax (anti-car-jacking)
    - Full closure add-on.

Luckily my late Mk3 already had full closure on the door lock (fully held upon locking), so the full closure was a quick job.

So far I've played with all the sensors and am very impressed by the system. Not tested the BlackJax yet and wouldn't know how or want to.
    The proximity sensor has two zones, one inside and one outside (which can be set to varying distances). If you get within about 2ft of the car you get a little warning. This is great, but I have to turn it off for car-parks etc. Also my paintworks' not the greatest and doesn't need protecting from human hands.

The Tilt sensor goes off if someone tries to jack it up to get the wheels off. Managed to get it to go off just as the front wheel left the floor.

Haven't tried the Window Break sensor as I'll probably end up putting my hand through the window before it goes off!

The BlackJax supposedly lets someone take the keys off you and drive off, then powers down the car and immobilises it at a safe distance. Don't know how.

Chuffed with the alarm and the service I received from Liquid Ice (very relaxed atmosphere).

Anyone else got an I950? Had any problems? Any quirky bits I should watch out for?

2. Eazy_D New Member

How much?

3. Red_TN Forum Member

Yeh, my question aswell

4. jjarvis Forum Junkie

Went out in a VR6 with a Anti Jack option. The doors lock automatically when you drive off, but he had to turn the engine off before I could get out of the car, seemed a bit of a pain. Said its possible to disable it though.

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

my m3 has black jaxx.

when it was enabled, you had to enter your valet code before diving off otherwise it would stall once it reached 2000rpm. I kept forgetting so i disabled it.

To be honest, my car has 4 immobilisers and if someone wants your car enough they will take it.

6. Chris Forum Member

Black Jax lets you drive away in the car until the brake pedal is pressed for the first time. At which point the engine will cut out, and the alarm will sound. It doesn't stall at 2000rpm. It works through the brakes as thats the safest way, if your braking, your obv doing it for a reason .

7. MR D Forum Member

I am also looking for a decent alarm system with imob and gotta be thatcham approved as can`t get insurance without one.I don`t have central locking in my old rocco but will prob install a kit.What i have seen so far is laserline System 1 was 349 now reduced to 300 inc fitting good features and stuff you can add on including a pager system does that sound ok ? ;)