Clifford intellistart 4 , stops when drving !

Discussion in 'Security' started by dUff, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Hi
    My cliffords been doing some odd things , its a concept 600 & intellistart 4 which is cool as i did not even know my car had i intellistart untill i checked all the wiring out .. And it works seems rather trick.

One problem is sometimes on the drive the alarm powers down and beeps like the car battery is flat ( charged the battery recently so its cool)

The main problem is that whilst driving the car cuts out all the power dies to the clocks ecu MFA the works & clifford, and because of the way a intellistart is wired up i suspect its something to do with this or the alarm. Keyfob then does nothing the clifford is off !!!
    Electric windows work and thats about it !

Sunday it did this twice on the road and all i have to do is get out of the car ( when freewheeled to a standstill ) unplug the 2 plugs on the clifford and plug them back in. and lo and behold the clifford is working again ( 10 flashes occur , probably because i unplugged it lol ) and i carry on driving for another 20mins or so.

Did drive it home in valet mode as Gillm suggested and that was ok no problems but don`t know if that really cured the problem.

It is booked in with a clifford dealer but wondered if anyone knows anything about the intellistart ??? and what i can check looking at the loom it has about 10 fuses because of the amount of stuff that it controls

Cheers

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

is it still under warranty? just take it to a clifford dealers, they should sort it out for free.

3. barticus New Member

Is black jax acctivated?

4. gillm

gillm ***** User

agh good point never thought of that . but im sure tris didn't open the doors whilst he was driving . and it drove for a few miles

5. rupe Forum Member

6. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Cheers for the links to the install guides , sweet . Its booked in tomoz so will see what they say. I checked it with the cliffnet wizard and it has a error of ignition module failure , i think i will let them sort it out first

Dont think its the black jacks and that would stop the car and make the alarm go off constantly

7. rupe Forum Member

Did they fix it?

8. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Err nope, because the fault did not occur when they tested there is not much they can do, they are helpful chaps down there tho. But i think i found another problem in the ECU relay has been playing up causing non start sometimes, they had that . So sorted that today put a new one in, i am hunting for the wireless fuel cut out and removing that next , then some more tests with the intellistart 4 unplugged and with it plugged in.

So nope not much progress .

Once i have done some more tests i will take it back there again and see what they say