clown in mk2 golf gti 16v tonight

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by mk1boy, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Hah hah that thread is superb :clap: :lol:

2. smokey182 New Member

Not just in the current model mate, i have got a 2.0ltr 16v Williams engine in my 1.8 16v and that beats Golfs all day long, im not gonna get into an argument with you modded boys, otherwise we can get NickR with his Turbo'd clio, Roamer with his Throttle Bodied 172 etc etc im talking std for std.
    My Mk1 172 is a top motor but as with the CUP it will never be a future classic.
    My 182 on the other hand could be, its too early to tell at the moment but watch this space................ ;)

The Williams Clio's will still be around after 25yrs garunteed [:D]

Smokey

3. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol:

4. oakgrūn Forum Member

I personally don't think that it will be around with the reputation in 25 years time.

The new Clio (no offence) really has no redeeming qualities which will see it secure it's place in the history books. The opposite of this could be said about something like the Renault 5 Turbo which spawned the Clio. The styling and performance broke down barriers when it was released, which is the exact reason it will be remembered for years to come.

The Clio Williams will always be remembered over the 172 because it has the character the newer Clio is lacking.

all of this is opinion based of course.

(this will destroy my whole arguement, but I feel I should mention that my second car is a 5 turbo lol :)

5. SpamGTI Forum Member

In comparison I prefer my 8v golf to my 16v clio I had....the clio used to let me down all the time...although was faster than the golf.....will be looking forward to when I find my mint VR6 to buy!!!

6. octane Forum Junkie

WICKED! i love that forum,

even got an imotion for trev! [​IMG]

7. oakgrūn Forum Member

Did I just agree with smokey182 in that last post?!

[:-B]

8. GolfBryan Forum Member

This is really funny!

I am a fan of Clio 172's and the like, excellent car for the money, I would buy one once they come down in price!

Until then Golf 16V all the way!

9. b'locks Forum Addict

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it? I didn't know there was only one model of Golf? Are you referring to 1.4 mk3's or mk2's with 1.8 20vT conversions? There's a big difference you know.

I can assure you that ur modded '1.8 16v' would be completely annihilated by plenty of Golfs, especially if we're going to be fair and go, 'modified vs modified'.

10. oakgrūn Forum Member

I think the guy has a serious case of the deadly:

"I have to try and prove my car is faster than yours because I have a small penis syndrome".

11. SpamGTI Forum Member

I want to know what it acutally "says on the tin?"

12. Chris H Forum Junkie

:lol:

13. Jetta Forum Junkie

Whats the red badge on the rubbing strip say? ;)

14. smokey182 New Member

What i was trying to say is that a Williams which has a 2.0ltr 16v, which someone was trying to say that the 172 is only quicker because its a newer engine, whereas the williams engine is still 10 yrs old and will beat most (any that i have come up against) Golfs. Which is fact im afraid,
    My Hybrid is quicker then my Mk1 172 but not as quick as my 182.
    My Williams engine is completely standard which is what i was trying to get across.
    So a standard Golf GTi/4mo/VR/GTi-T Anni/V5 etc etc will not beat a Williams in a straight line or around the twisties end of! (but the R32 might, just ;) )
    Like i said im not trying to argue with you boys, i almost bought a GTi-T Anni 180 last week but the sales man was a t**ser so i got the 182 instead.

Smokey

15. oakgrūn Forum Member

A Standard Clio Williams does the quarter in 16.1. A standard MK2 Golf gti 16v does it in 16.2.

These are book figures. Not a lot in it tbh.

16. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

:lol: :lol: at a car Wolfbagging.

17. b'locks Forum Addict

Ok one example of your ignorance...

A standard mk3 Golf VR6 does the quarter mile in 15.5.

A standard Williams does the quarter mile in 16.1.

I suggest you learn your facts before you post because right now you're looking like a tit. :)

18. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

racing now!!

i thought he just pulled out to overtake on the bypass?! ;)

19. damogti Forum Junkie

Its Says GTI!!

G60's ARE GTI's......!!

20. stew72 Forum Member

please girls, I'm no expert [:D] , but I'm guessing that the numbers thing as in clio 172 has something to do with it's power? So put something small and flimsey (ok has decent encap rating but you may survive but I doubt the car would :lol: )with over 170 bhp against something a bit more substantial such as a 16v golf with 140 and it really should be no contest? If it is then its probably down to the driver.
    I get more of a kick out of having less power and more fun. Thats partly the reason I sold my westfield and got another mk1. Well that and yo really can't use the performance of a westfield safely on the queens highway ;) The westie would blitz nearly everything on here and the renault forum on the strip or circuit, but I don't live on a 1/4 mile or racetrack, so whats the point? Surely the point is to enjoy driving, does that necessarily mean having the fastest car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.