Club GTI response to 'killie gti' Golf+ mag letter

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by A.N. Other, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HacKage Forum Member

bit childish no? TBH I think this forum has seen enough of it, never mind bringing down another one with this crap.
    Theres no point in dragging it on, he made a tit of himself, ClubGTi has issued their response in Golf+, now leave it at that.

2. Dicky Retardo Forum Member

oh well! means i can't leave childish comments about his stickers now....[8(]

3. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Good letter :)

And if you look below your letter, there's one from me! A boring letter talking about them buggering up pictures.. titled "Picture Perfect"

[:D]

4. swaffGTI Forum Member

I can see the danger in letting attitudes like this pass onto new members especially if its published in magazines and for that reason I can understand an offical CGTI response.

Everyones should be able to take a joke, and other peoples opinions. If were not allowed to give our opinions then i'd prefer the forum to concentrate on metric wheels sizes, measuring cars by the millimeter and the widely discussed and often overlooked tensile strength on aluminum discussion!

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Hi Toby - a reponse was really necessary, since the letter itself called the forum into question and was printed "in lights" at the top of a page in what is a widely distributed magazine.

The fact that the original letter also amounted to nothing but stirring off the back of a storm in a teacup, with simultaneous forum posting that got the backs up of the majorty of forum members - and that the mag had printed it without contacting us - meant it was time for the Club to intervene.

6. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

TBH I an forced to agree with SOME of the comments made in the letter, I have seen quite a few posts on here where people have asked what they feel are reasonable questions & have been ridiculed for it.

The comment regarding "do a search" is, in my opinion, very pertinent having recieved this response myself during my early days here. It is not obvious to newcomers nor is the search facility infallible, not everyone using this forum is computer literate enough to know what key words to use to find the info they require, hence the questions such as "what is the best oil to use" and "my digi won't idle properly" WE all know the answers, but they clearly don't & are asking for help.

I also feel that there is at least one forum user here who goes out of his way to ridicule & belittle anybody whose opinion differs from his & makes it clear when doing so that they have not freqented this forum as often as he has by referring to them as "newbies" although he insists that this is not intended to derogeratory in spite of the fact that it is invariably taken as such.

7. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

sigh. move on. its over. dont loose any more sleep over it.

and the idea that people follow him around to hound him and take the pi$$ out of him further is pathetic. dont you have anything better do do with your time?

8. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Your points are valid Gaz. But as I'm sure you'll agree, they could be applied to virtually any forum. The grievance here is way in which the Club GTI Forum has been singled out by the goons who produce the toilet roll that is Golf+.

Edit: Agree with Tspec3000. Time to end it.

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I don’t think Killie’s letter warranted printing, it must have been a slow month for the Goof or they just wanted a little dig at forums in general, after all forums and the internet has reduce their sales over the last few years. Possibly it was in return for our numerous digs at their so called expert who obviously thinks forum experts are scum, even though he’s an avid forum user

The letter needed a reply from the club, I think it pointed out what a bell end he is for those who weren’t aware of what actually happened on the forum. Job done and no need to carry it further on any other forums

10. vrbanana Forum Junkie

A reminder that anyone can report posts they think inappropriate or abusive, the idea of the forum is to help other VW owners and enthusiasts, not make them feel unwelcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.