Clunking jamex coilies

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by DJUPLIFT, Aug 26, 2010.

1. DJUPLIFT Forum Member

hey guys posted this in the chassis section but not much happening there so i think i will get a better answer here
    My jamex coilies on the car for about 6 months now and they have always clunked and squeaked and have a droning rubbing noise at the rear end front i think is ok. Is this inherent of the cheapy crapness of these coils or can I do something to sort it out?

Any help would be awesome

2. si_88 Forum Member

I think it's a bit hit or miss with these. I've had 3 cars with Jamex coilovers fitted - 2 were absolutely fine (for the price) but the other set was terrible! I've heard similar things from other people too. You may just be unlcuky and have a crap set...

If you're confident that they're fitted correctly then I doubt there's a lot that can be done. Maybe someone else on here could suggest something?

3. Adam_16v Forum Member

When do they clunk? I've got a set on my car and they do the job fine for the money. They only ever clunk over speed bumps.

4. DJUPLIFT Forum Member

constantly all the time... any bump at all