Clutch pedal switch - in engine conversions

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by scruffydubber, Aug 28, 2012.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

clutch: (can be wired either way round though, makes no odds)
    pin 1 - ign live
    pin 2 - ecu

brake light switch, brake light half:
    1 - perm live
    4 - to brake lights and ecu

cruise half:
    2 - ign live
    3 - ecu

again these 2 groups can be wired either way round as just on/off switch. the important thing is to get the 2 wires for each half of the switch to the right pair of pins

2. Sean_Jaymo Forum Member

I thought I was loosing the plot! Just when I thought I had learnt to read the diagrams I was thrown by the clutch wiring on here! I had the brake switch wired up ok tho, which is a relief!

I tend to work out the wiring myself and then get confirmation from the Internet. So far so good!

3. jamiegolf New Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread,
    I'm currently wiring up my brake and clutch switch's in my mk1 jetta pd130, brake switch I've done fine, but clutch switch I'm having an issue with, is the clutch switch suppose to be naturally open? So when clutch is depressed it connects 12v to pin 66? I'm not using original mk4 switches, am using mk1 brake switches T'd inline on the clutch pipe.... Got vagcom connected and when power is applied to pin 66 I get the no 1 appear on the screen to show its working..... Just want to clarify that's all...... Or am I missing sumthing daft!

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin