Clutch switch and MAF not working

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Andi Lambru, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Andi Lambru New Member

Hello there! I have an AGU bora with AUM map maf and ecu which works great but has some problems.
    My MAF sensor shows a value of 0.3 at idle which is really low and runs weird
    And the problem with the clutch switch is that it does not appear in the system
    The car has a launch control tune which should be activated by engaging the clutch
    But it goes right into launch control when i accelerate without the clutch pressed
    I also have nls that does not work because of the faulty clutch switch
    The problem is that when i had it tuned , the switch worked until i parked the car(the tuner erased the clutch error and it started working) but now i dont have that error on vcds

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

clutch switch is a simple on/off jobber so easy to test. the black/blue wire should have ignition live and white/red goes straight to ecu. so if you have voltage at the black/blue poke a multimeter into the white/red and press/release the pedal to see if switch is working. if thats good, look at the wiring from it, it runs straight up to the white plug in the scuttle then from there off to the ecu pin 39.

If you look in the ECU measuring blocks for cruise control you can check the clutch and brake switches in there as well
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Checking_Cruise_Control_using_Measuring_Values

with the maf does the value change when its unplugged? do you see power at the blue/red wire at the maf plug when engine is running

3. Andi Lambru New Member

Maf sensor shows a value of 0 when unplugged and a value of 0.3 when plugged