Cod4 - Cgti

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by PeeJay, Jun 18, 2008.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

It has taken me about 12-14 hours to rank up to 55 again.

Just about to prestige again, so I`ll be trying to better that.

I`d agree the lower the ranking the harder it seems to get anywhere. Once your above about 30 it seems to get `easier`, but of course you need to earn more XP per promotion the higher you get, so in theory each rank up should take around the same time to achieve.

Saying that, your bonus XP amounts are higher with higher ranks, but TBH I can never fathom how the bonus XP is worked out.

Seems to me it`s a random number generator...

Sometimes I can be on the losing team with less than 10 kills, and receive 200+ bonus points, but or the other hand I can have 15+ kills on the winning team, and only get 100 points or so... [:s]

2. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

depends what games you play as well. i've found headquarters seem to rack the points up. I was getting 200+ for each game

3. StuMc

That`s because while your team is holding the objective you are gaining XP (5 points every ten seconds or so) even if you are dead and waiting to re-spawn.

I tend to gauge my rank-up speed using only Deathmatch, which is the slowest method.

If I can get it down to 9 or 10 hours between each Prestige I`ll be happy that I`m doing well.

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

i know sabotage and hq's are great for ranking up, but how long do these games last?

i could play 2 ground war matches in that time and get more points, was averaging 20 kills a game yesterday, but was still coming outside the top 5 - quality of players is much higher in the daytime!

i am missing my martrydom, and 3 frags perks, used to get alot of kills that way!! must of been what edged me to the top all these months..........

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  5. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

Those two perks get on my damn tits. beginning of each game all you here is lots of frags dropping everywhere

6. StuMc

What, just like a real war?

Imagine that...

7. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

Soldiers re-spawn then? So we don't have to keep sending more over?

8. beetie

beetie Forum Member

saw a cheat last night.

was outside the level on ambush. and killed me 2 times whilst out there.

9. WEZ

FAIL! :lol:;)

saw something similar the othwer day as well, red dot off the radar, never killed by it though.......

10. Joe16v Forum Member

I dont mind the glitchers. They ruin the game for their team. I play HQs mostly as there seems more action than other modes and more points to boot. So if they glitch in that game they ruin their teams game which means easy victory.
    Killing thems good too. Especially when its taken them 8 years to get to it.
    I'm on XBox but COD4s COD4 isnt it.
    anyone else tried the new COD beta yet?

11. WEZ

PS hasn't got the beta, pre-ordered war of worlds ages ago, i'm sure it will be excellent, gameplay videos look amazing.....

12. WEZ

boom boom pow, them chickens jackin' my style!!

finally got my copy back, who wants to get rinsed?!! [:D]

13. WEZ

and rinsed you would of got!!!

i'm several jd and cokes down now and still ripping it up, got one of top 10 scores just now
    41 kills/14 deaths, first game i played after 6 weeks earlier i got 31 kills/11 deaths, couple more in the 30's!

grippin' and rippin'!! [:D]

14. James_mk2 Forum Member

i went back to COD4 after playing COD5 for months and absolutely rinsed everyone as well, unfortunately when i played it again the other day i got metaphorically raped :lol:

15. Stu__8vgti Forum Member

I'm still on this, when I get the chance getting better just turned level 41[:$]

16. PeeJay Forum Junkie

What's with all this flying **** this weekend?!? Games too old to be a glitch, but I'm trying to teach my 12 year old kid sis to shoot people in the face and the cheating ****s are flying and completely bullet proof! WTF!

17. StuMc

The flying (or `elevator`) glitch has always been there, but they`ve never bothered fixing it, unlike they did with WaW...

Only seen the bulletproof one once, and there was a fair amount of abuse for the guy back in the lobby.

18. WEZ

was just coming on to mention this!

ruined the weekends gaming tbh, bloody idiots, xbox having this problem as well, i doubt it's the same glitch as before Stu as why as it just come back now?
    I never saw it last time round, only the invincibility, but sat night I played a game and everyone else but me was flying about, still managed to come third like though ;)
    most people using the cheat are doing it on new accounts, generally with names to suggest they're cheating.

they're not actually bulletproof peejay, I can manage to kill them, but it does take triple the amount of effort as normal, i've been equipping uav jammer as well as my normal silenced guns to evade them, usually works, but that's not the point, idiots!

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i got COD4 Modern Warfare with my new PS3.... I love it, although i am totally crap

20. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I don't care how old it makes me sound. But they're ruining it for everyone!!!!!! *****