Coilover decisions, opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by trmorgan95, Apr 7, 2015.

1. trmorgan95 New Member

2. niwsans New Member

Have no experience of the list you've posted I'm afraid but can definitely recommend KW V1's. Bought some for my Mk2 last year and the damping is ace, depends what you want them for i guess, is it a daily/track car etc? Hopefully whatever you buy around that price should be quality.

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

A few people on this forum run BC Racing. You can call them up and spec just about any spring rate they stock if you don't want the standard rates.
    Very good customer service too.

4. 8bitAl Forum Member

AVO are well thought of by a lot of people and I remember them from my classic Mini days, I'm not sure but if memory serves they aren't stainless bodies, tho this could have changed now.

Not had any experience with the other brands but reading on forums tells me Gaz are good quality and Spax are stiff as hell. Take from that what you will.lol

If these are for a daily driver I'd personally go for stainless.

I think I'm going down the KW V2 route.

Just my 2p.

Alex. :)

5. trmorgan95 New Member

thanks for the responses, the coilovers i listed are just ones praised by people in other forums, to be honest KW V1's are spoken about a lot as well i just completely forgot about them, it'll be used quite regularly on the road however i do plan on using it at a couple of track days, looks like some more researching!