Confused about wheels and suspension

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by TRV GTi, Jul 21, 2014.

1. TRV GTi New Member

Hi all
    As the title says, I am a bit lost with all the different answers I have read about over the web and local wheel guys says I can't do that bla bla bla.

I have an 09 plate 5 door GTi in grey with 18" monza wheels I think they are called,
    anyway I would like to change the wheels for something that has a nice inward dish look and have the car lowered a little to improve the looks.

The car is a family daily driver so not looking for anything much harder than it is on stock.

Local wheel guy said I can't get a wheel with a dish to fit into the car and tried to sell me some flat faced NBA wheel which looked rubbish to me.

Any helpful advice would be great
    Cheers

2. Hurdy Forum Member

Yes, you can get dished wheels, many people have them and as long as you don't expect a deep dish you should be fine. On a lowered car you should easily be able to get a decent alloy with a nice lip.

My advice would be stick with an alloy that is around 8" and an ET45 offset. :thumbup: