conlog alarm fobs

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dano, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Dano Forum Member

Does anyone have one of these alarms on their vehicle? When I bought my Mk3 there was one already installed however the company has now gone under. I need a new key fob housing, the actual electronics work ok but the plastic part for key ring has broken. Has anyone got any old one that they dont use? Ta

2. Studweiser Forum Member

Last I heard Conlog was the brand that VW were using as their own "Logic" range of dealer fit security. could try your local dub dealer for an inflated price.

3. jprocter Forum Member

Yeh my imobilizer is conlog and fitted by VAg dealer b4 i bought it. Dunno if it is very gud like?

Cheers

4. Dano Forum Member

THANKS FOR THAT.I'LL TRY VW FOR A CASING....BUT I PROBABLY KNOW THE ANSWER ALREADY!!
    NICE TO KNOW THAT MY ALARM ISN'T A 'UNIQUE' ONE OFF SPECIAL FITMENT TO MY CAR BY SOME BACK STREET GARAGE!!!
    CHEERS,DANO

5. Studweiser Forum Member

Don't be fooled into thinking that 'cos it's fitted by a vw that it's installed properly. don't take this out of context either 'cos this isn't a generalisation of all vw dealers, but of all the worst installs i have come across(i've lost count) dealer fits have been among the worst, and i'm talking vw, merc, bmw, ford etc. I only ever see the bad ones though, only ever see them when they go wrong. don't know how tidy or untidy the ones that don't go wrong are.

6. Hodgko New Member

Dano Did you get a new key fob cause i'm after one aswell. If you did could you let me know were and how much. Cheers Mate :)
    [​IMG]

7. Dano Forum Member

I spent ages trying to source a new fob and eventually was lucky to find an alarm fitter in Blackburn who had an old casing in a box full of old stuff. Better still he didn't even try and sell me a new system first!! You will have to do the same as me cause Conlog aren't around anymore (as if you need me to tell you!).

8. Hodgko New Member

Cheers Dano, I've tried a couple of places and all they want to do is sell me a new alarm like you say [:x] . I'll just have to keep trying.
    [​IMG]

9. vwagain Forum Member

Im glad i found this thread:)!!! as i can now tell my insurance co that my conlog was a dealer fitted option from new. [:D]

Top site:clap:

Stu
    Edited by: vwagain

10. Superman New Member

Hi all,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I've not had my current Gti long and it came with a Conlog alarm fob with remote central locking and a total closure feature for the windows and sunroof!

Any ideas if these alarms were actually dealer fit as I need a casing for my spare fob and also proof for my insurance.

Any info would be a massive help and much apreciated!

Cheers :)