corrado 2.0 16v

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by dave weatherall, Dec 7, 2014.

1. dave weatherall New Member

car runs fine but then simply cuts out and has to be left at least half hour before it wil start. ive had a brand new alarm system and don't know were to go next due to reading so many different opinions. please help..

2. kwak New Member

When it quits check if you have spark. If there is no spark then run through the test procedures in the Bentley manual for the ignition system. There was a time when my car would simply stop running if the engine was warm. It ran fine if the engine was cold or at operating temperature. I would sit by the side of the road for 15 minutes and it would start back up. Reading the Bentley manual beforehand, and having the required test tools with me led me to a bad hall sender. It would only fail in a certain temperature range.

If you have spark then check if you are getting fuel. The easiest thing is to turn the key off, turn the key on and listen if the fuel pumps run to prime the system.

3. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Could be hall sensor as said already
    Do the checks first for fuel And spark!

4. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Lift pump in the fuel tank?