Corrado G60 decat exhaust advice

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by jimmyg, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jimmyg New Member

Hi,

I am considering replacing the entire exhaust systems as it has numerous leaks and was looking at removing the Cat a replacing it was a straight through pipe froom Jabbasport.

Mine i was registered in March 1992 so MOT should not be an issue. But i was wondering whether it was make it much louder.

The system i was looking at is a Jetex system, Anyone used it, if so any good? does it fit well into existing mountings etc?

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

It shouldn't really be any louder if you keep the two standard silencers, but it does of course depend on the system. Magnex/Miltek tend to be quieter than Scorpion etc for example. I think Jetex tend to have a more raspy sound (Not a bad sound) but it's all personal preference.

Also worth noting that there are two systems for the Corrado, early style with 'hook' type hangers, and late style with 'bar' type hangers. Yours will probably be late style being a 92, but best to check.

Neil.

3. jimmyg New Member

Thanks for that info. Is it best to keep the mid section silencers then as the system I have seen doesn't have that silencer?

4. PaudieG60 Forum Member

I have a supersprint system, cat bypass and tsr 4branch on the g60 and its very quite in the car compared to my old g60 with jetex system, cat bypass and standard manifold.

Used to get a droning sound on main/motorway roads that really put me off the car.

5. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Yep, I'd definitely recommend keeping the 'suitcase' style silencer, will make quite a noise without that.

Neil.