Corrado G60 Jetex exhaust

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by jimmyg, Apr 21, 2012.

1. jimmyg New Member

Just bought a Jetex system for my G60 but none of the brackets appear to line up and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

2. somafunk Forum Member

You may have to shorten the centre pipe by approx 2", i had the same problem on my mk2 16v 3 box jetex system when i tried to fit it with the car up on axle stands, it was too much hassle on the axle stands so i took it up to a mates garage and used the lift which made it so much easier as i could see exactly how much to cut off the centre pipe - They are overlong to start with to allow for small variations in mounting points.

TIP : Hang the exhaust from the rear silencer first then fit the box that goes over the rear beam then the centre pipe to the front and see how much to cut off.

Use the chain exhaust hangers from C&R as the original ones supplied by Jetex are utter crap and lasted 3 weeks on mine before perishing and causing the exhaust to hit the beam, and make sure your hanging points are very secure and rot free as the exhaust weighs quite a bit.