Corrado G60 or VR6?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by seanlazyass, Feb 29, 2004.

1. seanlazyass Forum Member

my mates just been left a load of inheritance, and is into his veedubs, he wants a corrado but is unsure whether to get a g60 or a vr6? how much should he spend for a decent one, bearing in mind insurance isnt a problem? he really wants a vr6, but doesnt know much about the corrado g60 and needs some guidance. the car will be used daily and with hopes of moddifying in the future.

Cheers, Sean

2. Dave VR6 Forum Member

3. superden Forum Addict

I`d go for the VR6 myself. Price depends on condition/history etcetc.

If hes really up for a Corrado, buy one with good bodywork as the panels are extortionate [xx(]

4. b'locks Forum Addict

5. HiAsAKite Forum Member

I went for a VR6.. however they are two different cars ... the VR is more'refined' shall we say...more of a chilled drive if you want it to be (if you don't break speed limits you never need to take it above 3K)... or put your foot down above 3K and the VR sings!!

Look for one that has been looked after and serviced rather than low mileage..

But I've heard loads of good stuff about the G60.. make sure the charger gas been redone every 60K miles, otherwise its a fairly sound motor...

If he's looking at buying go to www.the-corrado.net, there's a buying guide on there..

6. diggerbucket Forum Member

VR6. 2.9 litres of naturally aspirated power and an engine note to die for, how can you argue with that??[:D]
    Edited by: diggerbucket

7. ValverPaul Forum Member

I'd also say the VR, the G60 is a good car but as a daily driver I can see the VR makes a bit more sense!! I think there are more options and ways to go with the engine aswell!! As mentioned history and good panels are a must with either car!! ;)

8. AndrewF Forum Addict

vr6 is faster, sounds better, is likely to be more reliable.