corrado g60

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by ARD1, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ARD1 New Member

hello i'm new and just joined today and was wondering if you could give me some help with a g60 corrado.

i went to see one today and was wondering if this seem a good price for the car.

its 128000, had a new charger at 100,000, has a fsh, is in good condition and is up at 2700. it has loads of bills as well from new.

is this a good price or should i avoid due to the high miles? is there anything i should watch out for?

any help would be great:)

2. Jon TDI Forum Member

2,700 sounds a bit steep. Good examples go for around 2,000 now-a-days.

Check there's no unusal noises from the G-Lader - they will go bang if not properly maintained & cost a packet to repair.
    Check all electrics work - windows, sunroof, rear spoiler, etc.
    Door handles are prone to break & suspension can get worn on high milers.
    Edited by: Jon TDI

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

budget to have the charger looked at soon..for around500

prob get more response onhere

4. ARD1 New Member

its got brand new rear suspension, there was a strange rubbing noise when first started up from the charger area but after a few min was fine, it has been stood for a long time, i dont know much about them so what is a lader. all elecs work

5. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

id say 2700 sounds about right if its a tidy j/k plate one.

lader or g-lader is the name of the super charger,id definately want to see receipts of the rebuild for this and even then you have to be cautious.

mine was rebuilt at jabba 11k ago,its making a knocking noise [8(]

rust wise they are very good but you still wanna check the usual wheel arches,floorpan etc.

neil. :)
    Edited by: riley

6. ARD1 New Member

had a look round and there seems to be no rust, everything seems ok on it i was just a bit worried about having a car with a super charger as i know how much they cost to fix.

is 128000 to many miles

7. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

not if its been maintained correctly m8 :thumbup:

look for history of when the cam belt and rollers were changed/oil pump/etc...

can be used as a bargaining tool though if no evidence of these being replaced.

8. ARD1 New Member

thats what i thought, its getting serviced again now and 12months mot put on this week before i see it again. and seems to have every bill its ever done. is the noise from the charger area a bad thing or are they a bit noises when starting up

9. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

shouldnt be noisy on start up,could be a number of things really.

have your hand on the charger while the car is started,or use a screwdriver as a stethescope.

10. Andy665 Forum Member

2700 is actually a pretty good price for a clean G60, they are starting to creep up in value now. A rebuild by a good company such as JMR will cost you 395 - bit extra if you want it ported and flowed. You WILL NOT find a good G60 for 2k. If the charger goes bang it CANNOT be repaired, it will cost you 500 - 1000 for a secondhand one depending on when it was last rebuilt.

The fact its got new rear suspension is a bonus - by this I'm assuming that you mean springs / shocks and bushes.

Whereabouts are you cos people at www.corrado-forum.net would be happy to look at the car for you

11. Admin Guest

if you buy it get the charger done asap!

do not put it off

12. stu h Forum Member

especially if the car has been standing for a while - seals etc. - and it's just peace of mind

13. ARD1 New Member

im in leicestershire so any help would be great, i was going to get the aa to check the car as well, so i should get the charger done even though its been done 28000 ago. and from what i understand it was a new one not a re build. where would be the best place to get the charger done thats close to leicester if it needed doing?

14. Andy665 Forum Member

Don't make the mistake of looking for somewhere close when looking for a charger rebuild - quality is ALL.

I have had both my G60's looked after by JMR, he's down on the South Coast but can turn a charger round in 48 hours so possible to post to him.

My second G60 was supposedly re-built 16,000 miles before I bought it but I got it done again - the peace of mind is well worth the expense

Give John a call on 07974 020031, tell him Andy665 advised you and he'll look after you

15. Admin Guest

G werks [:D]

16. Laydon Forum Member

What was the last year they made the G60 corrado. I've driven the 8 & 16v corrado they seem to handle really well but just not potent enough, is the g60 quicker.

17. ARD1 New Member

ok will look at getting the charger done to. and ill give him a buzz. what sort of money are we talking 500 ish?. are jabba sport any good? also how quick are these cars, ive had a 2.0lt corsa [home made] and at the moment have a vts saxo, how fast do these cars compare to the g60, ive read they are 8.9 to 60. this seems slow in comparison to the saxo etc. i know weight is an issue but the car has 160bhp?

18. ARD1 New Member

how long do chargers normally last between rebuilds as well[:s]

19. Admin Guest

they get rated at 20/30/40k depending on spec

20. ARD1 New Member

if it was standard