Corrado on Ken Block Hoonigan-style wheels?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by A.N. Other, Dec 16, 2013.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

These were showcased at GTI International by Reflex Auto Design in 2011(?). I've got a picture somewhere in the archives off my friends Corrado test-fitting a set.

1552 have of course been around for years with VAG-scene origins (hence the name!) And Tarmacs, specifically, have been prevalent in the US VAG-Scene for a few years now, but since the Ken Block collaboration they've really taken off (and to other scenes/the mainstream, that's where they are, erroneously, attributed to coming from originally)

If you're interested in Instagram (marmite for some!) their page has loads of older VAG metal on these...all look awesome. :thumbup:

A Mk2 they posted just the other day;

[​IMG]

:o

EDIT; weirdly Photobucket completely ignores the fact this picture was cropped to remove the fact it was an iPhone screenshot... [:s]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  4. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

A bit like a giant flat face Compomotive MO, can't be a bad thing

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

6. watercooled Forum Member

Not really the look on the Corrado maybe better on the Golf,yes very Speedline,maybe ok for the US concrete roads but with a lowered car and such a low profile tyre in my country they would be a real pain in the ass ride wise and would surely end up egg-shaped over some of our rough roads.
    Ok I will fess up I hate the stretched tyre ''ruin the ride of a great car look'',flame if you like ,by the way merry xmas from New Zealand:thumb:

7. coullstar Forum Member

Like these in 8x17in flavour. Have these on my Corrado but Im putting them on the other halfs Mk4 and Im getting my BBS RC's back as the cars much better with the BBS on.
    [​IMG]