Corrado VR6/STORM OWNERS...HELP....

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by p0jy, Mar 31, 2004.

1. p0jy Forum Member

Hi Chaps,
    I have seen a 95 M reg Blackberry Corrado VR6 Storm, it has the same colour leathers in it, how can I tell if its a genuine model and what sort of checks do I need to do on it.I want the car to be a good example, so I want to know what sort of faults etc.I need to look out for

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Corrados Storms only came in Mystic Blue or Green.

The Blue ones came with Black leather and the Green ones came with cream/beige leather.

It will also have a storm rear badge. Doesnt sound like yours is one though!
    Edited by: Deako

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Oh yeah, they also came with BBS Solitude alloys, same as a Golf Highline.

4. cliveyp Forum Member

and a Storm badge on the gearstick surround (instead of the Karmann one). Yours is just a normal VR6 with leather i'm afraid, although TBH, the extra money for a Storm is really not warranted unless you REALLY want Mystic blue (as i do) coz that's the only thing that it has over standard models. But the good news is that Blackberry models seem to command a bit of a premium too! As for checks, make sure all the electrics work, and make sure the spoiler rises at about 56mph and falls at about 15mph as well as rising and falling with the switch. Make sure there is no panel damage as replacements are pricey. Headlight switches are prone to failure, mine did and cost 55 to replace. No signs though, that just goes. According to a buyers guide in the Golf a couple of yrs back, they are heavy on brakes and suspension so make sure you do the usual there. And make sure of FSH!

Other than that, buy it and have fun! :)

5. p0jy Forum Member

thanks for your help chaps....i'm not going to view it...its a not a real storm according to VW UK....
    Thanks

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Or according to us! ;)

They were only available in Mystic Blue and Green (forget its name) and there were only 500 of each colour produced!

7. mbradbrook Forum Member

Classic Green Pearl Effect as in my pic ;)

Matt

8. OSV

OSV Forum Member

If you like the colour and spec why not go and view it, seems a shame to rule it out on little more than a badge.

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Coudnt agree more. Especially if it turns out to be a low mileage minter. It will still hold its value with the spec.