Corrado VR6 Vs Integra Type R?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by GolfMk3, Dec 30, 2003.

1. GolfMk3 Forum Member

has anyone ever driven both of these cars? is there much of a performance difference? i have only ever driven the type r, and was wandering how much slower/faster a decent standard VR is compared?

cheers

2. b'locks Forum Addict

corrado vr6

6.7 146mph

integra type R

6.5 145mph

should be a close one!

3. chrismc Forum Junkie

At a guess I would have thought the Honda would take it A to B

Its more of a focussed balls out track car for the road IMO!!

4. muppet Forum Member

Whichever has more torque should be quicker in real driving situations. [:-B]

5. b'locks Forum Addict

well the integra would need the balls thrashed off it in order to use it's full torque/power potential, being a v-tech. personally i would put my money on the corrado as it's got more useable torque/power overall.

6. DarrenH Forum Member

i expect the corrado has 60-70 lb-ft head start on the 1.8 teg. but thats at the flywheel.torque at the wheels is probably similar after taking into account the differences in gear ratios.

7. Jeff Forum Junkie

I'd still prefer the Rado, its understated rather than being in your face "look at me".

It has style as well as go. :p having said that I've had a corrado before. I'd still like to have an integra type-R for a while too, one day. You can stick your civics though :p

8. Yorkie Forum Member

When 2 cars are that close in performance stats, I think a head to head race would probably be decided by the drivers more than the cars. Even tho I do rather like my Jap cars, I'd much rather have the Corrado this time.......but only just ;)

9. HiAsAKite Forum Member

Think they're very different types of cars.. the Corrado is a big-engined long-legged autobahn cruiser whilst the Integra is a road legal track car...

Know which I'd rather have on a long journey... (My one! :) )

10. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Even if the rado was the loser, its still class, which is what you can't say about the teg. :)

11. dubster_ New Member

the integra has less talk than the corrado and personally i think the corrado looks better and its the most underrestamated out of the two which always gives you the edge :)

play with them then destroy them!!!!

12. DarrenH Forum Member

both right up there as two of the best handling front wheel drive cars in the world also.

toughy

13. HiAsAKite Forum Member

I think they may actually both be the best... something to do with both having a 65/35% front/rear weight distribution...
    ....then again how many times have read 'x' is the best 'wxyz'...pinch of salt really..

14. GolfMk3 Forum Member

thanks for the comments, they are completely different cars, but same performance, although ones not a VW, but is alot of fun to drive. decisions decisions.... [:s]

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

The ITR handles better because it's got a Quaife diff. Fit a quaife in a Corrado VR6 and they set them head to head......

16. matt d Forum Member

I'd fancy the ITR on track. Have you lot ever seen one of them at full speed.
    The Corrado is probably a better all round road car though.
    This is a bit like one of those "8 or 16v" debates ;)

17. GolfMk3 Forum Member

lol, yeh your right, i got to drive a corrado vr6 for a bit last night, unbelievable torque. the only problems is finding a mint one with low mileage without paying stupid money for it, because at the least, they are 7 year old cars, wheras the ITR are only a few years old.

18. HiAsAKite Forum Member

Mileage/age with the VR6 is not your problem..the question is whether its been looked after.. if it has..then the mileage is irrelevant (though bits that have reached the end of their life will need replacing).. if its been ragged and abused without the
    TLC it needs.. it WILL spend more time in pieces than on the road..

Choose wisely... wonder if the ITR's will be doing so well when the're 10 years old? (then again they are Hondas.. which, though I hate to admit, are exceptionally well built cars... [xx(] )
    Edited by: HiAsAKite

19. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

It really down to driver preference. Both achieve similar performance through completely different ways.They've both got a pretty bombproof reputation for build quality. They're both well regarded as performance coupe's that'll keep the worst of the nova-boys at bay.
    They're both in similar positions in the market (i.e. high spec performance models made by mid-market suppliers). They've both got a solid following of enthusiasts and a heap of aftermarket options.

Tough choice really. Drive both of them, lots, and get familiar with the 'scene' -esp the Honda bunch.

Oh and check out servicing costs - the honda engine has a few suprises that make simple little things like cambelts and expensive item to replace.

20. maddub New Member

i think it will be close i have driven the ITR and they are very quick and they do corrner like a tw** i have a corrado 20V turbo and can tell you i have my work cut out but if you put a LSD up ratted ARB's and good set of coilovers on it then you will be up with it no probs :lol: