Corroded Injector hoses, 1990 16v. Replacement?

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Coffeemonster82, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Coffeemonster82 New Member

Hi All,

Pretty new to this site & have tried searching for the answer to no avail so apologies if this has been covered.
    After flirting with the idea of selling my lovely original 16v, I saw sense and have decided to keep her and invest in improving as much as I can.
    She's completely original/OEM and thats the way i'll be keeping her, but there are bits that need replacing.

The existing injector hoeses are corroded quite badly (the original rigid ones) and when looking for replacements all I can find is the HEL/Goodridge/Similar braided or flexibly replacements.
    Whilst I realise these are probably better - I really want to keep the engine bay looking as original as possible and would like to find a replacement set of rigid hoses. Does anyone know where I can find them or if they're even still available?

Many thanks
    Coffeemonster82

2. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

I was in similar situation few years back couldn't find any no longer available! Your best bet it to find a good second hand set they are about. I didn't have time needed car on road quick so just bought some hel lines new stainless bolts and brass injectors and got driving again. You can custom your hoses to fit like originals if you want but it can get expensive then!

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

probably worth trying to refurb them yourself, often corrosion can look worse than it actually is and after a good buffing back you find its only surface :thumbup: