Couple Insurance Questions.....

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Andy947, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Andy947 Forum Addict

Gonna phone the insurance today, but was jus wonderin if any of you could clarify a few things for me before i do....

Whats the procedure for a total write off like this? I asusme someone comes sees car, declares it write off and an offer gets made?

I'm agreed value, so i guess they will just give me that no questions, or should i be prepared to reject the first offer?

Whats the script with wreckage, is it easy for them to arrange for me to ekkp the wreck?

And how are HIC to deal with in cases like this... are they slow n crap, or alright??

Cheers
    Andy

2. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Hi Andy,

I have the same with HIC.

Make sure that you did fill in the forms and send back pictures and receipts about the car otherwise the agreed value is invalid. Thats the first point!

Someone should come out, asses the damage and check that the car looks like it was worth what you had said against the pics and receipts, then basically they SHOULD pay out what you said it was worth....

Good luck!

Rich

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

If they took your money off you for an agreed value thats what you should get, if there were any queeries at the time they should have got it straight before they raided you bank account.

4. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Any luck with this Andy?

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

bit late if he hasnt.
    HIC explicitly stae that even though they charge you extra for the agreed value, you have to send them a spec and photos etc and have receipt of the agreed value letter.

If you have that then you are ok.

I am not sure HIC are the swiftest of ins companies.

6. enc. Forum Member

My MK3 was taken away by the bodyshop who prepaired an estimate for the insurance company (Norwich Union)
    Norwich union decided it was an uneconomical repair and wrote it off.
    I had an offer from Norwich Union within 2 weeks and the cheque came around a week after that.

Edited by: enc.

7. MrBen Forum Junkie

Bearing in mind the state of it, they'll probably just send an inspector to see it. They should then simply pay the Agreed Value. I would be doubtful they would let you buy the salvage as it is a total structural loss - ie cannot safely be repaired and returned to the road.

8. Andy947 Forum Addict

But i need the salvage, there is loads of parts on that shell i want back!!!

If i have to fight my case to get it then i will!!!

I am not gonna let any scrappy monkey get hold of my hard work for profit!