crank pick up wheel for itb-s

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by sambo, Jun 3, 2004.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I'v finaly aquired 60-2 cogs pick up wheel to use with citroen ecu and run my gsxr throttle bodies on my valver, any1 know how to get it timed up with the crank? The gap of two cogs missing is surely there for timing purposses, so what do i aligned with? Cheers in advance.

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

With the engine at TDC, the sensor should be aligned with the trailing edge of the 11th tooth after the gap. Apparently. :lol:

Click me.

Which GSXR did you get the bodies from? I'm looking into going down this route but it seems bikes with big enough bodies are few and far between. 38mm bodies are easy enough to find on the cheap, but i don't think they'd be up to the job on a 2.0 16v?
    Edited by: martyn_16v

3. edc1 Forum Member

The 2 kits I can remember ie Bill's kit and the Omex kit use 45s

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

That's about the size I would be looking for, maybe could get away with a 42. [:[] I think the Hayabusa uses 46mm bodies, and the new R1 is about the same size, but finding them on the cheap isn't easy. [:^(] Anyone know what size the GSXR1000 bodies are? I'm having trouble finding info at the mo, especially as I know sod all about bikes.

5. edc1 Forum Member

The 2 above are made by Jenvey anyway

6. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

The bodies i have are tapered 45mm to 42mm and butterflies are bout 43mm and i'm sure they are big enough, my m8 made me a manifold and the hardest bit to find so far was the crank pick up wheel!

7. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

And this are of gsxr1000, quite easy to get a set on e-bay, i'v also got set of magnetti marreli bodies 43mm, with injectors and throttle position sensor for 130 of e-bay, which is not bad i fink

8. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

They sound about perfect for what i'm hoping for, apparently a slightly smaller bore size is good for a bit more driveability and low-down torque, as opposed to all out peak power. I'll have to keep an eye out to see what crops up, i'm in no particular hurry as there's quite a few things i'll need to get sorted first. Like actually getting the car on the road...

9. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Quite few gsxr bodies are on e-bay but not so many are 1000, i got mine complete with injectors, thrtl pos sensor, vacum pipes and wiring harness, all for 160 and they were race spares, brand new! Just keep your eyes on e-bay martyn-16v!

10. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Anyhow, just cleaned the pickup wheel and noticed white dot on it, timing mark i fink? Its between 8th and 9th tooth, maybe thats how its timed up for a vauxhall engine where it came from, but do i need to go 11th tooth route?

11. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

At a guess I would say that if you set the 11th tooth as TDC then that mark will be there to show base ignition timing for the engine it came off, although two teeth from TDC would be 20 which is quite an advance.

12. mk1. Forum Junkie

here you go,all the pin numbers aswell,wants to be on the back edge of the 20" tooth :)
    http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v12/mk1gti/8p_pin_numbers .jpg

13. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

MK1...... u da man! cheers m8

14. mk1. Forum Junkie

no problem,what car did you get the pick-up wheel of?punto`s have a wheel that might be able to fit your power steering set up,its smaller than the vauxhall one I use,how long before its running :p

15. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Got it of vauxhall astra, it fits power steering puley like it was made for it! Just need some precision drilling, 4 holes so i can bolt it together with it.Not sure how long before its runing cos got to make all brackets yet for crank sens, itb-s, and few other bits which need to be mounted sturdily. And not to mention making a loom from the scratch! Any1 knows who s best to get all the bits from like fuel pump, preasure reg, air temp sens and so on?

16. mk1. Forum Junkie

just read your other post [:s] but if the lumps going in another car I mounted the crank sens of the power steering pump bracket
    [​IMG]

17. altern8 Forum Junkie

whats that sensor for anyway ? [:$]

18. mk1. Forum Junkie

basicly it tells the ecu the position of the crank