Crankshaft sensor

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by daniboy1_2_3, Mar 18, 2014.

1. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Im building a 16vg60 engine and will be running it with an aftermarket ecu. Im in the process of sorting out a trigger wheel set up and wondered what the best crank shaft sensor to use is if anyone can recommend one and where to get it from please.

2. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Cheers micky, Its a 9a engine. Ive already got the trigger wheel mounted via a machined spacer and just need to fab a bracket to hold the sensor now. No need to buy a kit as I only need a sensor and a bit of alloy to make bracket. Just wondering what the best sensors to use are?

3. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Ok thanks ill give them a shout.

4. Chaps Forum Member

Does anybody know what VR sensor that the Trigger Wheels company sell? as in what car you would find it on or what type it is?

I presume you can get them from all general motorfactors, its just what one would you ask for? any ideas?

5. There's no markings on the one I got from them. I bought from them as they were actually cheaper than one from a Ford!

6. Chaps Forum Member

fair enough. i cant see there being that much of a difference between any of them, apart from maybe the sensitivity or output voltage? I was mainly thinking that I need to go to the scrap yard to get an EDIS unit so was going to have a look round to see if there was one on another car i could use.