crap dealer warranty service, ho hum...

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Jeff, May 16, 2006.

1. Jeff Forum Junkie

My mum bought a 54 plate polo recently. the emissions light came on the dash 1 day after buying it, so they said they'd fix it, it was a common problem apparently with the sensors. They changed the sensor twice and twice the light came back. So they said they would change the wiring loom. Now they have changed the wiring loom and the boot wont unlock!

Is it likely they have changed the loom and done something to mess the boot lock up while replacing it?

I find it highly unlikely its the loom causing the original problem anyway on a car of that age, it sounds to me like they are doing all the wrong things to fix the problem, and the work they are doing is being done wrong too, causing more problems.

Problem is the car has a 3 year warranty so afaik (so my mum says) they are stuck with taking it to that dealer? I suspect an idependent would be able to find out exactly what the problem is instead of randomly changing parts, and thereby fix it in one go. [:x]

2. GTILass Forum Member

u can take it to any VW dealership for the warranty cant u?

and i know ****roen brought in a new rule that aslong as the garage u use is approved by them u can have it serviced by an independent and still have a valid warranty - dunno if vw do this?

3. JohnMk3GTI Forum Member

Yeah you should be able to take it to any VW dealership. If you take it to the next closest one and tell them that your local dealership has made a pigs ear of things then they should sort it!

4. Jeff Forum Junkie

cool thanks for the tip, I'll pass it on.

5. pettsy Forum Member

i know someone with a 16v 9n polo thats been back loads of times with the emisssions light on:thumbd:

shes nearly worked her way through the complete line of courtesy cars [:|]